Loudon Industries has designed and manufactures in house a complete line of long lasting, hard hitting and rock pulverizing Down the Hole Hammers for the total drilling industry. "Rock Hog" hammers are suited for any type of drilling environment including waterwell quarry, open pit and underground mining, construction drilling, blast hole work, environmental and oil and gas. When combined with the elite series of "Rock Hog" DTH bits, an unbeatable performance team is available to meet the drilling industries needs on a competitive basis.
- The Rock Hog hammers are designed to be aggressive and productive so that maximum drilling penetration can be achieved.
- Wearsleeves on Rock Hog hammers have heavy wall thicknesses and have been dual heat treated to offer superior product life. Additionally, our wearsleeves are reversible which will extend or may double the products working life. Also, our wearsleeves have no air porting holes in the wall of the wearsleeve, thereby increasing the products cross sectional strength.
- The hammers are manufactured using premium aircraft alloy steels which increase part life, while reducing maintenance costs.
- Wear parts are hardened to exact specifications to obtain maximum product life.
- Heavy weight pistons which are large in diameter are used in all our Rock Hog hammers to deliver maximum punching power and superior penetration, yielding lower operating costs and more efficient drilling.
- Rock Hog internal cylinders are precision ground and heat treated to insure consistent stroke alignment which, reduces internal hammer component wear and allows for unrestricted hi-volume air flow and enhanced hole cleaning ability.