The Radalert 100, our most popular product, is a general purpose geiger counter. It measures alpha, beta, gamma, and x-radiation. Its digital display shows readings in your choice of counts per minute (cpm) or mR/hr, up to 100,000 cpm or 100 mR/hr, or in accumulated counts. A red LED blinks and a beeper chirps with each count (the chirp can be muted). An audible alert sounds when the radiation reaches a user-adjustable level.
- Monitor personal radiation exposure
- Monitor an area or perimeter
- Detect nuclear radiation leaks and contamination
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Monitor changes in background radiation
- Demonstrate principles of nuclear physics
- Check for radioactive minerals in the Earth