Duluth Metals continues to report strong assay results for 15 holes, which were drilled on the Twin Metals Project located in northeastern Minnesota. MEX-273, 279 and 285 holes drilled in the donut hole region reveal the existence of higher grade platinum + palladium + gold (TPM) values in this region.
Duluth Metals President, Vern Baker commented that the positive drill results demonstrate the continuity of mineralization across the deposit. MEX 285, 279 and 273 holes signify the possibility of a mineable region with higher precious metal grades. The western holes validate that Maturi and Nokomis represent the same mineralized zone, and demonstrate thick mineralized widths for that region.
Highlights of the drilling program are as follows:
- Mex-285 hole intersected 150.0 ft of 0.231% nickel, 2.40 g/t silver, 0.724% copper and 1.103 g TPM, including 89.0 ft of 0.284% nickel, 3.02 g/t silver, 0.936% copper, and 1.445 g TPM.
- Mex-279 hole returned 145.0 ft of 0.173% nickel, 2.30 g/t silver, 0.623% copper, and 1.272 g/t TPM, including 94.0 ft of 0.202% nickel, 2.66 g/t silver, 0.762% copper, and 1.680 g TPM.
- Mex-273 hole returned 68.0 ft of 0.194% nickel, 1.59 g/t silver, 0.616% copper, and 1.202 g/t TPM, including 30.0 ft of 0.275% nickel, 2.25 g/t silver, 0.983% copper, and 2.112 g TPM.
Mex-0278M hole drilled to the east of the donut hole region intersected 89.0 ft of 0.213% nickel, 2.86 g/t silver, 0.751% copper, and 1.592 g/t TPM. Eleven drill holes concluded between the Nokomis deposit and the Maturi deposit show continuous, thick mineralization between the two deposits.
Highlights of the drill campaign are as follows:
- Mex-271 hole intersected 160.0 ft of 0.232% nickel, 1.87 g/t silver, 0.574% copper, and 0.451 g TPM, including a 115.0 ft section of 0.262% nickel, 2.04 g/t silver, 0.653% copper, and 0.517 g TPM.
- Mex-272 hole intersected 232 ft of 0.186% nickel, 1.59 g/t silver, 0.625% copper, and 0.455 g TPM, including a 182 ft section of0.206% nickel, 2.00 g/t silver, 0.706% copper, and 0.522 g TPM.
- Mex-281 hole intersected 153 ft of 0.221% nickel, 2.12 g/t silver, 0.688% copper, and 0.725 g TPM, including a 139.5 ft section of 0.230% nickel, 2.20 g/t silver, 0.723% copper, and 0.773 g TPM.