The Thermo Scientific Niton X-ray fluorescence analyzers are distinguished by a number of breakthrough technologies. The use of small x-ray tubes in handheld XRF analyzers was pioneered. From then, the features and performance of Thermo Scientific Niton XRF instruments have improved continuously. The award-winning Niton XL3t offers sophisticated electronics and materials technology, making it an excellent tool for your elemental analysis requirements from the scrap yard to store shelves.
The key features of the XL3t analyzer are:
- It features a high-performance thermoelectrically cooled detector, 80 MHz real-time digital signal processing, and dual state-of-the-art embedded processors for computation, data storage, communication, and other functions.
- From the integrated, tilting, color, touch-screen display to the customizable menus for ease of use, these ergonomic analyzers are both lightweight and ruggedly constructed – features engineered to improve your productivity and profitability.
- Very easy to use - even by non-technical personnel
- Lab-quality performance in a handheld instrument
- Improved cycle time for high sample throughput
Niton XL3t instruments can be used for many nondestructive testing applications, including analysis of metal alloys, testing of electronics and consumer goods for prohibited substances, mining exploration and grade control, and more. For example, the Thermo Scientific Niton XL3t 800 Series is the ideal tool for scrap metal recycling, casting and fabrication, manufacturing, and positive material identification (PMI). Alloy grade ID and QC testing typically take 1 to 2 seconds, with accurate alloy chemistry in as little as 3 to 5 seconds. Similarly, compliance testing for meeting the demands set forth in the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), Proposition 65, Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), and other regulations is faster than ever before with the Niton XL3t 700 Series, including screening of incoming materials, stocks, and outgoing finished goods. Detection limits for all banned substances are improved - especially for cadmium - with the 50 kV x-ray tube sample excitation system.