ASD TerraSpec Halo mineral identifier, the all-in-one mineral analysis system from PANalytical, offers modern field geologists with real time mineral information and enables instant identification of important deposit pathfinder minerals.
The handheld, full-range near infrared (NIR) spectrometer is capable of taking non-destructive measurements in less than 20 seconds and provides on-screen mineral identification, using the advanced mineral identification software.
The ASD TerraSpec Halo can measure both the visible and short wave infrared regions and is integrated with an audio recorder for simple operation and data management. It is a viable and cost-effective alternative for a wide range of mining applications.
The main features of the TerraSpec Halo mineral identifier are:
- User-friendly and easy to use
- Extensive spectral library
- GPS and voice memo functionality
- Simple mineral data capture and handling
- Fast multi-mineral results
- No cables needed for data collection
- No third party hardware needed
- Spectral ‘scalars’ offers additional information about deposit geochemical conditions
- Instrument software available in three languages
The applications of the TerraSpec Halo mineral identifier are:
- Mineral/energy exploration
- Greenfields/brownfields exploration
- Alteration mapping
- Drill cuttings
- Core logging
- Hand samples
- Excavation wall confirmation
- Clay species analysis