Spectro offers the SpectroVisc Q3000 portable, solvent-free kinematic viscometer that precisely measures viscosity variations triggered by lubricant mix- up, contamination and oil dilution. This portable instrument also determines the kinematic viscosity and detects the condition of critical equipment.
The kinematic viscometer uses a patented split cell design that helps measure kinematic viscosity utilizing 60µL of oil. The battery-operated equipment weighs less than 1.8kg and features a touch-screen interface. It combines a proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controller with a heating element to sustain the test cell temperature at 40°C to deliver 40C kinematic viscosity measurement.
Since the viscometer does not require thermometer and density checks, it can be readily used whenever and wherever needed.
The main features of the SpectroVisc Q3000 are as follows:
- Direct kinematic viscosity measurement
- Self-contained with high-resolution touch screen, battery and microprocessor
- Small sample size of 60µl, reduces waste
- Split-cell capillary channel
- Controlled temperature (40°C ±0.1°C)
- Operates with transparent and opaque oils
- Battery operated and built-in universal charger for easy use
- Provides accurate results for even the dirtiest samples
- Does not require solvent cleaning
- Easy to use
- Ideal for remote field use as it quickly provides lubricant viscosity measurement
The main applications of the SpectroVisc Q3000 are as follows:
- Machine condition monitoring
- Incoming inspection quality control
- Quality control for fuel/oil production and blending