SPECTRO’s SPECTROSCOUT is a new portable spectrometer that provides rapid, reliable, and lab-grade results at a very low cost. It is an energy-dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF) analyzer that has the analytical power of high-quality benchtop analyzers including SPECTRO XEPOS.
The spectrometer provides excellent performance which enables the detection of all related elements from Sodium (Na) to Uranium (U) at wide levels of concentrations and with rapid turnover. With its unmatched precision and speed, the SPECTROSCOUT can be used for applications including analysis of cores, i.e. detection of shale gas boundary layers, which provide fast direction changes maximizing drilling productivity.
The SPECTROSCOUT includes a high-yield battery pack, onboard processor, high-power X-ray tube, and large sample compartment in a small space.
The rapid availability of precise results improves mining productivity or exploration activities. The SPECTROSCOUT also provides high spectral resolution and low detection limits over a wide range of elements, from heavy to light metals. In addition, the spectrometer offers TQ screening methods and optional customer-specific calibrations for precious metals analysis. It consists of a simple software, predefined application packages, and an easy-to-use touch screen interface, making it suitable for any kind of application. Furthermore, the unique iCAL calibration uses one sample at a time and takes just 5 minutes for standardization. The accurate spot testing and image storage are accomplished by an optional integrated video system.
To ensure continuous operation of SPECTROSCOUT analyzers in mining and geology operations, SPECTRO provides the AMECARE Performance Services program which includes instrument-specific training, access to relevant experts, application solutions, and proactive maintenance programs.
The main features of the SPECTROSCOUT are:
- Light weight and small size
- Exceptional accuracy and performance at all concentration levels
- Laboratory-class, reliable, rapid results
- Good spectral resolution
- Low limits of detection across wide range of elements
- Integrated video system facilitates 1mm spot testing for evaluation of mixed alloys
The major applications of the SPECTROSCOUT are:
- In-situ analysis of traces, minor and major elements in soils and rocks
- Environmental monitoring and geochemical exploration
- Precious metal analysis
- Analysis of aqueous samples, soil and sewage sludge
- Rapid and accurate determination of Pt, Pd, and Rh in used automobile catalysts
- Analysis of oil-based samples and sulfur in fuels