The SPECTROTEST is a mobile arc spark spectrometer designed for use in metal producing, processing, and recycling applications. It offers high performance while testing a large number of samples, detecting complex materials, and performing exact metal analysis.
This mobile metal analyzer ensures safe and fatigue-free onsite operation. It has a light, thin probe that rapidly changes between arc excitation and spark excitation. An additional integrated UV optic probe can be used for specific measurement applications. The recent version is compatible with arc excitation.
The SPECTROTEST consists of the ICAL logic system, the high performance readout system, special optic, and the plasma generator, all of which ensure optimal instrument control and operation.
Identification of low alloy steel during the rapid arc excitation is also possible with the arc spark spectrometer. In spark mode, the spectrometer can detect carbon phosphorous and sulfur, besides the identification of duplex steels with nitrogen content.
The main features of the SPECTROTEST are:
- Ergonomic design
- Easy to use
- High performance
- ICAL logic system ensures efficient operation and control
- High sample throughput
- Up to four times sample throughput at the time of battery operation
- New UV probe for arc and spark operation
- New software with integrated user guidance
The main applications of the SPECTROTEST include:
- Analysis of elements like aluminum, steel, cast iron, copper, nickel, cobalt and titanium
- Identification of low alloy and chrome steel using carbon arc excitation
- Grade identification using the nitrogen content in Fe base
- Steel analysis in spark mode