The SPECTRO GENESIS is an inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometer (ICP-OES )used for rapid and accurate analysis of component wear trends and for detecting additive and wear elements and contaminants that may accelerate wear.
With the help of this system, lubricating oil users can avert equipment failure and thus optimize their maintenance programs.
The instrument comes with an application package including the sample preparation instructions, the sample introduction system, and method documentation. It is also available with a wide range of accessories to extend its applications. Other top-of-the-line components include a solid-state 4.5kV power supply and a free-running 27MHz oscillator. Its advanced optical system operates in continuous wavelength ranging from 175 to 520nm, in addition to detectors for lithium, potassium and sodium.
With fully simultaneous analysis, the SPECTRO GENESIS can achieve sample cycle times of 90s regardless of the number of elements to be determined. The instrument complies with ASTM and EN methods and standards.
The SPECTRO GENESIS is also available with a complete set of factory methods, thereby avoiding the need to develop a new method. It features an ultra-low purge gas rate for the optical system which offers minimum consumable gas costs. It also performs a complete spectrum capture for each measurement, unlike FAAS instruments and other ICP analyzers.
The main features of the SPECTRO GENESIS are:
- Compact and lightweight design
- Latest detector technology
- Powerful and stable operation
- Complete spectrum capture
- Excellent long-term stability
- Superior sensitivity for light elements
- Coverage of entire relevant elemental range
- Low operating and consumables costs
- Inexpensive and user-friendly
- Conforms to ASTM and EN methods
The main applications of the SPECTRO GENESIS are:
- Determination of metals and trace elements in wastes and water
- Elemental analysis of edible oils and fats
- Analysis of brass alloys and stainless steel
- Analysis of industrial waste water, soil and sewage sludge
- Determination of mercury, lead, chromium and cadmium in polymers