The SPECTRO ARCOS can perform advanced elemental analysis of petrochemicals, metals, chemicals, and other materials. It has a unique MultiView plasma interface option that provides unmatched axial-view and radial-view plasma observation of samples. This periscope-free MultiView mechanism enables operators to swap between the radial-view and axial-view in 90 seconds or less.
The instrument's solid-state generator operates based on the laterally diffused metal oxide semiconductor (LDMOS) technology and provides the highest plasma power enabling analysis at the highest plasma loads.
The SPECTRO ARCOS comes with a modern, ergonomic chassis consisting of simplified sample introduction system, no-external-cooling OPI-Air interface, and no-purge UV-PLUS sealed gas purification technology. With its uniquely sealed, thermally stabilized optics and robust generator, the SPECTRO ARCOS can provide improved stability over time.
The flexible sample introduction system provides enough space to accommodate a large number of samples. A comprehensive Smart Analyzer Vision software facilitates clear, structured, intuitive control of all functions. The SPECTRO ARCOS provides high optical performance without the need for any additional instruments or techniques.
The main features of the SPECTRO ARCOS are:
- Ergonomic design
- High speed
- Low cost of ownership
- High stability and maximum throughput
- MultiView mechanism delivers unique flexibility
- Thermally stabilized generator provides highest plasma power and high matrix compatibility
- High performance optical system
- Flexible sample introduction system
- UV-PLUS sealed optical system avoids expensive gas purging
- Air-cooled ICP-OES analyzer prevents expensive external cooling
- Easy–to-use, intuitive software
The key applications of the SPECTRO ARCOS are:
- Determination of trace elements in metals, and sulfur and chlorine in oils
- Analysis of wine by direct aspiration
- Analysis of high-purity metals, biodiesel, soil and sewage sludge, E85 ethanol-gasoline mixtures, and medical saline solutions
- Vacuum ultraviolet wavelength coverage