Bruker's S2 PUMA is an energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) system that measures and monitors all elements in the samples, irrespective of the working environment or industry. It can be used for a wide range of elements right from light elements like Carbon through to heavy elements like Uranium.
The S2 PUMA is provided with a HighSense™ technology that is a key to its unmatched analytical performance. The 50W power X-ray tube provides a direct excitation beam path. The system ensures optimal excitation of the sample elements with up to 50kV voltage. The performance of the system is further improved through the high-countrate, high resolution XFlash silicon drift detector (SDD) which also records the sample spectra in HD mode.
The system facilitates reduced distances between the X-ray tube, the sample and the detector, thus resulting in shorter measurement times, higher precision, and improved detection limits.
The main features of the Bruker's S2 PUMA are:
- Optimal Light Element (LE) configuration with thin-window X-ray tube and XFlash X-ray detector
- XFlash SDD with excellent energy resolution
- X-ray tube with up to 50W power and 50kV excitation
- Direct-excitation, closely coupled beam path
- Excellent detection limits, precision and speed in EDXRF by HighSense™ technology
The main applications of the Bruker's S2 PUMA include:
- Quick control of raw meal and other cement related materials
- Geological monitoring, analysis of new materials
- Quality control of chemicals, sulphur determination in fuels and lubricants
- Slag analysis
- Food analysis; analysis of ingredients for cosmetics
- For checking the compliance of pharmaceuticals and testing consumer product safety