Accurate and rapid measurements can be taken by the Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ EQUINOX 3000 X-ray Diffractometer. This research-grade diffraction system provides higher resolution detectors, a larger sample area, and a greater choice of X-ray sources.
There is a large sample compartment in this diffractometer, which is able to accommodate a range of samples and sample-handling devices. These include furnaces, auto-samplers, large assemblies, and others.
The EQUINOX curved detector measures all diffraction peaks simultaneously. In a matter of seconds, crystallographic results are collected. This enables phase transition or unstable compound analysis;all with a low-cost system.
- The sample holders which are currently available include a spinning sample holder (for reflection and transmission modes), a small and thin layer attachment, a capillary sample holder (for transmission mode), and an automatic 6- or 30-position sample changer.
- When compared to other diffractometers, ARL EQUINOX 3000 measurements are extraordinarily rapid. This is a result of its unique Inel curved detector, which is capable of simultaneously measuring all diffraction peaks. All kinetic studies are facilitated by this acquisition in real time.
- There is no scanning required. It measures the entire 2 theta range simultaneously in real time.
- The Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ EQUINOX 3500 has evolved from the ARL EQUINOX 3000 model. Its configuration is identical, with the exception of the fact that it works with a bigger radius of curvature detector. Consequently, wherever it is needed, high resolution XRD data is able to be obtained.
- The areas in which this can be applied include research, the environment, geology, mining, metallurgy, the cement industry, pharmaceuticals, and education.