Niton™ XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer from Thermo Scientific™ offers an accurate, fast and non-destructive method for testing the chemistry and purity of all precious metals. This is particularly important as the volatility and price of gold are high and small variations in composition are to be detected accurately, the failure of which leads to expensive mistakes.
The Precious Metal Analyzer promptly detects gold plating and counterfeit gold. It provides the exact elemental composition of jewelry and coins so that the absolute value of the precious metals while selling or buying is ascertained.
The Niton XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer ensures precise analysis in a matter of seconds. It comes in robust, user-friendly and reliable packaging.
With this analyzer, there is no need to manually change the calibration based on the metal to be analyzed while measuring the content of all precious metals and gold. Some examples of metals analyzed are silver (Ag), gold (Au), palladium (Pd) and platinum (Pt).
- Faster, easier and highly accurate than nitric acid test methods
- Faster and more comprehensive analysis compared to fire assay with comparable accuracy
- Accurately identifies the presence and concentration of other trace alloying elements and dangerous heavy elements, which could impact valuation and future refining needs
- The Thermo Scientific AuDIT™ gold-plating detection technology helps efficiently identify most gold-plated items
- Ergonomic design
- Standard analytical range: >25 elements from S to U (differs based on application)
- Non-destructive analysis with near-instantaneous results
- Point and shoot simplicity — Easy to use, even for non-technical personnel
- Best suited for retail environments