Slimm-Jim is a a battery-powered laser used as an engineering supplement for underground mining. When simply hung from engineering spads, the laser shows heading and crosscut centers.
The Slimm-Jim is more accurate and faster than plumb-bob or sight rod methods. And since the entire length of the laser beam can be seen, belt alignments are fast and simple. Costly heading misalignments are avoided when the Slimm-Jim laser is used.
- Gives small and bright spot size
- Available with Vertical Line instead of Dot
- Solid brass construction for steady operation
- Uses readily available alkaline "AA" batteries
- Cuts cost by increasing intervals between professional engineering visits
- Great for continuous miner and longwall use