The Thermo Scientific Nicolet iS50 FT-IR spectrometer offers specific answers in laboratories where quick easy workflows are required. This FT-IR spectrometer offers flexibility, one-touch simplicity and integration in a compact, economic workstation. The Nicolet iS50 is sophisticated and one would not believe that it is just an FT-IR spectrometer. The Thermo Scientific* Nicolet iS50 modules offer flexibility and extended capabilities for research and analysis. Extensive upgrade options include a built-in ATR, an automated beamsplitter exchanger and Raman, NIR, TGA-IR, GC-IR and Research Module.
The Nicolet iS50 FT-IR spectrometer features touch points that can collect, analyze and compile reports with one-touch simplicity.
As more features are added the Touch Points become more powerful, driving setup and checking performance so you can:
- Select beam path, optical components and sampling module with one touch
- Create automated workflows with no programming
- Compile multiple spectra, analyses and images into one group file
- Track, organize and output information with auto-reporting
The built-in ATR is robust, quick and always ready to go. Powders, liquids, gels and pastes can be tested requiring no setup, using the iS50 ATR. All reflective optics and proprietary detector enable the analysis of organic and inorganic materials with mid- and far-IR spectroscopy. The iS50 ATR leaves the main sample compartment free for other analyses, with no need to swap accessories or break system seals. The salient features are:
- Elimination of manual set-up procedures and instrument conditioning time
- Keeping the main sample compartment clear for other experiments, such as Raman
- Examination of hard, acidic or volatile materials with minimal sample preparation
- Analysis of bulk polymers and fillers simultaneously
Analytical productivity can be redefined with automatic beamsplitter changing. The analysis can be automated with the iS50 ABX Automated Beamsplitter exchanger, which enables the user to set up the Nicolet iS50 instrument with a single press of a Touch Point. The complete analysis including crystallinity, bulk analysis, and identification can be performed using near-, mid- and far-IR by loading samples and allowing the instrument do all the work. It is possible to:
- Measure multiple aspects of the sample automatically
- Enable setup changes without disturbing seals, desiccation or purge
- Eliminate manual handling of optical components