The CNSolution™ 9310 Online Cyanide Analyzer is an advanced and versatile analyzer from OI Analytical which determines the content of available cyanide in leaching solutions for precious metals, being designed to operate for this purpose by USEPA Method OIA-1677 and ASTM D 6888-09.
It is based on the use of gas-diffusion amperometry, and this technique prevents interference from the presence of sulfides of copper and other metals which hamper precise measurements by other conventional methods such as titration.
The is extremely useful in gold and silver mining processes as it ensures that cyanide levels are correctly measured at various important points in the cyanidation method of extraction. This in turn helps to control the process and prevents environmental contamination.
The ability of the method to provide constant online measurements allows dynamic monitoring of the whole operation rather than snapshots taken from time to time, by the usual grab sampling methods followed by laboratory analysis. The enhanced accuracy of determination means that cyanide use is controlled better, and this brings down the cost of plant operation.
- The 9310 cyanide analyzer gives very precise measurements of available cyanide levels in leaching solutions for precious metal extraction.
- It is based upon the time-tested gas-diffusion amperometry principle in USEPA methods OIA-1677 and ASTM D 6888-09.
- It can measure cyanide in concentrations which allows its use throughout the process of cyanidation.
- Each sample is detected and shown as a real-time peak on the touch-screen display.
- It provides constant monitoring and hence increased precision, which in turn allows the cyanide use to be under better control.
- Operating principle: the CNSolution 9310 online cyanide analyzer operates on FIA by gas diffusion amperometry
- Measurement technique: system uses amperometric detection at the silver electrode
- Measurement Ranges (ppm): 0.2 to 50 / 2.0 to 500 / 20 to 2000 ppm CN
- Reference Methods: USEPA OIA-1677 / ASTM D 6888-09 (Available CN)
- Calibration: system has two-point calibration
- Measurement accuracy: + 5% at 50-ppm
- Sample introduction: sampleis introduced as a continuous online ‘fill-and-spill’ sampling system
- Sampling interval: as set by the user
- Analysis time: less than three minutes
- Operating environment: analyzer operates in environments from 5 – 45 °C, and at up to 90% humidity (non-condensing)
- Operator interface: software runs on Windows® CE and has a color touch-screen display
- Reagents required: analyzer requires only water, NaOH, HCl, and CN–calibration standards
- Power requirements: it runs on a power supply of 24VDC
- Output relays: it has two outputs, a system alarm and a sample alarm
- Analog output: 2 4-20 mA (the user can configure the concentration)
- Data export: user can export the data to a PC via Ethernet, or a USB memory stick
- Instrument enclosure: NEMA 4X / IEC Class IP-56
- External dimensions: 48.3 cm H x 31.1 cm W x 31.1 cm D(19 &" H x 12.25 &" W x 12.25 &" D)
- Weight: 11 kg (24 lbs.)