For performing elemental analysis on liquids and solids, an extremely flexible analytical technique which can be used is wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRF). This technique is able to perform highly accurate, precise, and reliable analysis in a wide range of samples of a number of elements, from uranium to beryllium.
Below is a list of the ARL OPTIM’X’s salient features:
- A WDXRF platform which is innovative and has simultaneous and/or sequential capabilities.
- Based on the configuration, it offers element coverage from uranium to fluorine.
- Offers increased intensity which is as much as 210% more than conventional geometry, courtesy of its Innovative Ultra Closely Coupled Optics (UCCO) technology.
- Multichromators allow for fast analysis.
- Sequential analysis is enabled by unique compact SmartGonio.
- Sequential-simultaneous configuration blends speed together with analytical flexibility.
- It is highly accurate and is repeatable in both the long term and short-term, courtesy of temperature regulation of crystals and the spectrometer.
- For both heavy elements and those with low atomic numbers, superior spectral resolution is offered (~15 eV at CaKα).
- Ideal configuration for particular applications with straightforward operation, which is compliant with ASTM and ISO standards.
- Autonomous and stand-alone operation which does not require water cooling.
- There is no need for a gas supply.
- The sample is introduced simply and directly.
- The sample changer enables batches to be analyzed automatically.
- Small footprint.
With the features listed below, the ARL OPTIM’X can be configured for flexibility and speed:
- Four multichromators enable as many as eight elements to be analyzed simultaneously.
- SmartGonio provides sequential analysis.
- Sequential-simultaneous analysis is offered. This means that SmartGonio and two elements can be analyzed simultaneously on one multichromator.
- 2.5 times’ faster analysis is enabled by the 50 W basic or 200 W optional power.
It is possible to configure the ARL OPTIM’X for particular applications, including:
- Petroleum industry: analysis of Pb (ASTM D5059), S (ISO 14596 or ASTM D2622), and other elements in oils, fuels, and gasoline.
- In raw materials like sand, limestone, bauxite, feldspar, magnesite, and other mining applications, including the minor and major oxides.
- Metal sheets, silicon, ferro-alloys, paper, paints, glass, and other products in which a few minor and major elements must be monitored.
- Minor and major nutrients in the food industry, as well as other regulated elements.