Dec 9 2014
Pure Grown Diamonds announces a scientific breakthrough with the unveiling of the world's largest laboratory-cultivated white diamonds, which are indistinguishable from mined diamonds, even under a microscope, yet cost 30 to 40 percent less – just in time for the holidays when many Americans get engaged.
The first-ever, largest lab-grown diamond is 3.04 carats.
Pure Grown Diamonds have the exact same chemical composition, physical properties and optical features as earth-mined diamonds, according to the International Gemological Institute.
Pure Grown Diamonds mature within six to 10 weeks. They are eco-friendly and "conflict free," unlike mined diamonds.
Holiday Diamond Shopping Sticker Shock Due to Shrinking Natural Resources
"This 21st Century technological achievement comes during the holiday season when 26 percent of all American couples get engaged; when most men spend 25 percent of their annual salaries on a diamond ring and when rough diamond prices are at an all-time high," explains Pure Grown Diamonds President and Chief Executive Officer Lisa Bissell. She is one of the few women CEOs in the diamond industry.
She continues, "Most guys shopping for diamonds in December will suffer sticker shock because rough diamond prices are up 75 percent from five years ago, due to depletion of natural resources and increased global consumer demand."
Bissell adds, "Many have tried and failed; no one, no company has achieved what Pure Grown Diamonds has accomplished -- culturing thousands of alluring diamonds, including the largest, which is more than three carats."
Pure Grown Diamonds have the exact same chemical composition, physical properties and optical features as earth-mined diamonds; however, Pure Grown Diamonds mature within six to 10 weeks."
World's Largest Pure Grown Diamond
The world's largest laboratory Pure Grown Diamond was cultivated in late November. It is certified by the International Gemological Institute. It is a near colorless 3.04 carat, round stone, I color, SI1 clarity, very good cut. It sells for $23,012 on www.PureGrownDiamonds.com.
Mined diamonds of near identical characteristics sell from between $38,000 and $46,000 on some of the best-known jewelry websites in America.
Pure Grown Diamonds quality one carat stones are priced from $1,000 to $4,000. A one carat mined diamond starts at $5,000. One carat round diamonds are the most popular for engagement rings in the U.S. Starting price for diamond jewelry is about $300.
Most Pure Grown Diamonds are E-H color and VVS1-VS2 clarity certified. The highest colorless rating is D. The highest clarity rating is VVS1.
The company has been quietly growing and harvesting thousands of white, yellow and pink diamonds and making earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings for this month's launch of its global e-commerce website: www.PureGrownDiamonds.com
Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend But at Huge Expense to Mother Nature
"Pure Grown Diamonds is the new affordable option for shoppers seeking value; for consumers concerned about the environmental impact of mining; for people troubled with the history of human rights violations in the mining industry and the deadly armed conflicts ignited by greed," says Bissell.
She emphasizes that incidents of violence and violations have tapered-off in recent years because of global news coverage that exposed these once commonplace incidents.
"Pure Grown Diamonds is about to change the landscape of the mining and jewelry industries," says Pure Grown Diamonds Chief Technical Officer Dr. Devi Shanker Misra, Ph.D.
"Mining dramatically alters eco-systems and wild habitats, unlike Pure Grown Diamonds, which are marvels of technology that do not undermine the sustainability of the environment."
Misra is a world-renowned physicist, former professor at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai, India. He is the inventor of the patented Pure Grown Diamond process that cultivates incredible diamonds in a Microwave Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition chamber from a small carbon seed. It takes from one-and-a-half to two-and-a-half-months to grow a diamond.
"Consumers now have an intelligent choice that ultimately preserves human life and the planet's natural resources for future generations," says Misra.
Federal Trade Commission
"Pure Grown Diamonds are not artificial or synthetic and not cubic zirconium," emphasizes Bissell.
According to the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the term 'synthetic' in reference to lab-grown diamonds, is misleading as it implies that such stones are imitations.
The only difference is that one is grown in a lab and the other is grown under the earth's crust, according to Misra.
Pure Grown Diamonds are Type IIa diamonds, which have a unique growth structure. Pure Grown Diamonds are detectible only by highly sophisticated equipment and from their laser-scribed identifications on the stones' girdles that read, "Lab Grown."
The Pure Grown Diamond Process
"Pure Grown Diamonds are cultivated at its Singapore sister company IIa Technologies' state-of-the-art facilities where the earth's process of crystalizing carbon is exactingly replicated.
A diamond seed is placed inside a low-pressure microwave chamber. Hydrogen and methane gases are introduced. A microwave generator pumps energy into the chamber that ignites a glowing plasma ball. Carbon molecules rain on the seed. Crystallization begins. The process is completed within 42 to 70 days.
The diamond is cut with a laser, polished and then certified.
On-Line & In Stores
Pure Grown Diamonds are only available for sale at www.PureGrownDiamonds.com, at its New York City showroom and at an increasing number of selected fine jewelers in these U.S. cities:
- American Fork, UT: Jamestown Jewelers
- Ann Arbor, MI: Lewis Brothers
- Arlington, VA: Ascot Trading
- Bellevue, WA: J. Lewis Jewelers
- Conshocken, PA: White Marsh Jewelers
- Ellwood City, PA: Blocher Jewelers
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: Carroll's Jewelers
- Goodyear, AZ: Osborne's Jewelers
- Grafton, ND: Golden Harvest Jewelers
- Kokomo, IN: Palmer's Jewelers
- Las Vegas, NV: John Fish Jewelers
- Los Angeles, CA: Simone & Sons
- Macedonia, OH: Don Basch Jewelers
- Maplewood, MN: Hoff Family Jewelers
- Marietta, OH: Goldline Jewelers
- Neenah, WI: A &E Jewelers
- New York, NY: Diamonds By Israel Standard / Pure Grown Showroom
- North Palm Beach, FL: Wilson's Jewelers / Pure Grown Showroom
- Ocean City, MD: Park Place Jewelers
- Palo Alto, CA: Mansoor & Gore
- Philadelphia, PA: Love & Pride
- Portland, OR: Mia Donna
- Portage, MI: Cachet
- Rochester, NY: The Gem Lab
- Rock Springs, WY: Reynolds
- Rutherford, NJ: Corbo Jewelers
- San Jose, CA: Classic Rock
- Scottsdale, AZ: Joseph Schubach Jewelers
- Sudbury, MA: Precious Metals of Sudbury
- St. Louis, MO: Raphael Design Studios
- Temecula, CA: LA Masters
- Washington, DC: Continental Jewelers
Pure Grown Diamonds is the sister company of IIa Technologies of Singapore.
Pure Grown Diamonds are cultivated in IIa Technologies' hi-tech facilities
Pure Grown Diamonds is the exclusive retailer and distributor of diamonds grown by IIa Technologies.
The company is named after the purest and rarest diamonds – Type IIa, which comprise less than 2 percent of all mined diamonds.
CEO Vishal Mehta characterizes IIa Technologies as, "A one-of-a-kind, cutting edge company, which, after years of research and development, finally achieved a revolutionary breakthrough – cultivating actual gem quality, near colorless diamonds of significant carat size."
He continues, "The company's mission is to further enhance the cultivation of high-quality, sizeable diamonds with the end-goals of marketability and commercial viability and to strive for perfecting processes for a diverse set of diamond applications."
- Not Synthetic, Not Artificial, Not Cubic Zirconium.
- FTC: "Calling Lab-Grown Diamonds Synthetic Diamonds is Inaccurate and Problematic."
- Pure Grown Diamonds Cost 30%-40% Less Than Earth-Mined Diamonds.
- First Successful Certified Lab-Cultivated, Near Colorless Diamonds of Significant Carat Weight
- Others Have Tried and Failed. Others Offer Tiny Diamonds of Less Clarity.
- 3,000 + Dazzling White, Yellow, Pink Lab Grown Diamonds on Sale:
- Certified .030 – 3+ carats / E-to-J Color / VVS1 – I2 Clarity.
- True 21st Century Technological Advancement.
- Identical Physical, Chemical, Optical Properties as Mined Diamonds.
- Indistinguishable with Naked Eye; Jeweler's Magnifying Glass Loop and Microscope.
- Certified by International Gemological Institute.
- Diamonds are a Girl's Best-Friend but Huge Cost to Mother Nature.
- Pure Grown Diamonds Are Conflict-Free: Refers to Violent Control of Mining Regions.
- Mining Previously Associated with Human Rights Violations
- Rough Diamond Prices Up 75% Since 2009 (Various Sources).
- 2014 Holiday Season Diamond Shoppers will Suffer Sticker Shock.
- Lab Cultivated Process: Microwave Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition.
- Diamond Seed Placed in Chamber: Carbon Molecules Rain on Seed.
- Crystallization Occurs in Six to 10 Weeks.
- 26% Diamond Ring Marriage Proposals Occur During December Holidays.*
- 25% Man's Annual Salary Spent on Diamond Engagement Ring.*
- 65% Brides Have Input on Ring Purchase.**
- 31% Brides Shopped for Diamond Engagement Ring with Future Groom.**
- 47% Brides Say Surprise Engagement Important Factor. **
- 46% Women Say They Would Help Pay for Diamond Engagement Ring***
* 2005 Brides Magazine / ** 2012 Men's-Health & TheKnot.com Survey of 1,400+ / *** 2013 Knot.com Facebook Survey