You increase food quality, ensure product integrity, or accelerate the development of the next generation of environmentally friendly energy solutions. In a highly competitive global marketplace, however, you face new internal and external pressures. Stringent regulatory mandates. Heightened consumer expectations. You need a partner with the stability and reliability to integrate proven solutions with your business complexities.
We’ve been at the forefront — and by your side — for over fifty years.
We identify. We verify. We simplify.
From the lab to the line and field, we enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer with world-class Thermo Scientific™ products and services.
Our innovative portfolio for Industrial and Safety Applications covers:
Advanced Imaging: Our x-ray sources are deployed in a wide range of applications, for the testing, imaging, and inspection of items ranging from batteries, printed circuits boards and semi-conductor devices to animal fluoroscopy and dental prosthetics quality control. They have the short wavelengths and high energies required to penetrate through many different materials and provide a non-destructive, easy-to-use, reliable technology, in the laboratory, in healthcare settings or on-line. Learn more.
Bulk Elemental Analysis: For more than 85 years, Thermo Fisher Scientific has been a global supplier of spectrochemical instruments for major industries such as metallurgy, transportation, cement, mining, food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, petroleum and batteries. We offer unparalleled capabilities in optical emission spectrometry (OES), laboratory X-ray fluorescence (XRF), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and spectrometer automation (SMS):
- OES analyzers are ideal for use in quality control for the direct, elemental analysis of solid metals. More.
- XRF instruments offer complete systems for the analysis of solids, liquids and powders. An XRD system integrated inside the same XRF instrument allows the determination of the phase content in many minerals and materials. More.
- XRD systems provide cost-effective solutions for high-quality powder diffraction analyses and can also be a complementary technology to XRF spectrometry. More.
Food Inspection: Enabling the highest levels of food safety, Thermo Fisher Scientific provides industry leading detection supported by unparalleled applications and global support.
Our integrated solutions maximize the probability of contamination detection and process accuracy at critical control points to support overall equipment effectiveness. Take a closer look!
- Li-Ion Battery Solutions: Our solutions enable customers to develop and manufacture advanced battery technology by providing real-time insights into the characteristics of electrode coating and separator film production to support the delivery of safe and effective batteries to market. More.
- Food Packaging: Through our in-line thickness and basis weight measurement solutions, we enable our customers to improve the quality and performance of food packaging materials. Our instruments provide precise measurement and process control as well as intuitive data insights to produce aseptic packaging through safeguarded measurement of barrier layers and automatic profile control in multi-layer applications. More.
- Metals Gauging: Through our in-line non-contact thickness and coating weight measurement solutions, we enable our customers to optimize quality and maximize productivity during high-speed production of steel plate and sheet. Our instruments provide precise real-time measurement and process control that meet the tightest specifications of any application, while maximizing raw material use, whether producing from iron ore or scrap or whether end products are several inches or less than a millimeter thick. More.
- Rheometers/Viscometers: Our rheometers and viscometers are designed for easy and intuitive handling, intelligently guiding operators through all steps for failure-free measurement. Users can take advantage of enhanced useability and workflows enabled by “Connect Assist” technology as well as intuitive touch screen displays for easy visualization of measurement results directly from the instrument. They are designed to accurately measure the flow and deformation properties of fluids, semi-solids, and even solid materials—giving you the fast, repeatable data needed for today’s quality control, product development, and research applications. More.
- Compounding/Extrusion: Requiring only a small amount of material to conduct experiments, lab-scale extruders allow you to conduct numerous trials efficiently, cost effectively, all while conserving precious laboratory space. Our twin-screw extruders offer flexible configurations for small batches, ideally suited for pilot-scale production or low-volume manufacturing. Reliably scale-up and reduce time to market with the controlled, continuous processing of lab-scale extruders. More.
Process Analyzers: Our slurry sampling, on-line particle & elemental analyzers solutions support you with accurate, real time & continuous data to ensure process control, automation, and optimization of minerals processing plants. Increased recovery, and reagent usage are enabled by dedicated analysis and representative sampling. 50 years of experience in mining solutions enable us to customize solutions – not just products – for our clients to solve their ongoing analytical challenges. Furthermore, our integrated solutions help contributing to the 2050 net zero target for decarbonization. Have a closer look!