Metso's innovative Trellex truck bed rubber lining protects trucks from wear, thus increasing operational hours and reducing maintenance costs.
Boliden's Aitik mine in Northern Sweden has signed a three-year contract with Metso to deliver truck bed linings for a total of 15 haul trucks in their existing fleet of 30 trucks. This order represents the largest single order for truck bed linings ever for Metso.
Truck bed linings are used in the haul truck box to protect it and the entire truck structure from wear and damage while transporting rock from the mining pit. Metso's linings are specifically designed to absorb stress at every point of the truck work cycle, from loading to transport and on to dumping. The main benefit of Metso's lining for customers is the long wear life compared with a traditional steel lining, resulting in up to four times more or longer service life and lower maintenance costs.
"During the past two years, we have evaluated Metso's truck bed lining through our existing life-cycle services contract for our truck models CAT 793 Flat, CAT 793 DS and CAT 795 Flat. We have appreciated the increased availability of our trucks. We also value the benefits from a health and safety perspective as our truck drivers prefer to drive the trucks equipped with Metso's lining due to their reduced noise level and vibration during operation," says Magnus Fjellström, Maintenance Superintendent from Boliden Aitik.
"To strengthen our cooperation even further, Metso and Aitik are working together to improve the Metso truck bed rubber lining even further. The results will confirm the advantages of our solution over steel linings," says Christer Brännström, VP Service Operational Hubs, Nordics, Metso.
The majority of the order was booked as a Q3 order in 2014, leaving the parts sales to be booked during the contract period.
Main advantages of Metso's Trellex truck bed lining
- Lower production costs - higher profits
- Designed to absorb stress at every point of the truck work cycle, reducing the need for expensive unplanned maintenance and replacement of linings and other truck parts
- Modular panel system: Easier to handle than steel
- Panels can be replaced individually rather than the entire lining, resulting in minimized downtime for maintenance
- CE-certified integrated lifting system
- Environmentally friendly and safety conscious
- Reduces noise by 10-15 decibels, cutting noise in half
- Reduces vibration - you can feel the difference when sitting in the truck