LOMIKO METALS INC. (the "Company") summarizes 2012 as the year of "The Graphite Revolution" as investors became aware of this industrial metal. Investors scrambled to invest in companies as the companies themselves participate in a staking and acquisition boom in early 2012 in Southern Quebec and Ontario.
China, which produces about 90 per cent of the world's graphite, is seeing production and export growth leveling, and export taxes and a licensing system have been instituted in order to regulate and control supply. Europe and the USA have both indicated graphite is of economic importance and has a supply risk (Critical Raw Materials for the EU, July 2010).
"There is currently extensive research being conducted for graphite and graphene related innovations and inventions. Over 400 patents have been filed for graphite and graphene related products in the past 5 years," stated A. Paul Gill, CEO.
Given the high possibility of future limited supply of sought-after flake graphite and growing demand, Lomiko has acquired the Quatre Milles Project and completed 23 drill holes, all of which intersected mineralization. An NI 43-101 Resource has not been filed for the property nor has a Pre-Economic Assessment (PEA). The full extent of mineralization remains to be tested under Phase II of the exploration program along strike and at depth.
The Quatre Milles Property East is road accessible via Highway No.1 and a gravel road and is located approximately 175 km northwest of Montreal and 17 km due north of the village of Sainte-Veronique, Quebec. The property consists of 28 contiguous claims totaling approximately 1,600 hectares. Lomiko recently optioned the Quatre Milles West Property, a 2180 Ha Property with similar geology. Combined, the Quatre Milles Property Package is 3,780 Ha.
Highlighted Drill Holes
- QM 12-04 5.00 m to 75.00 m 70.00 meters of 2.17 Cg%
including 12.50 meters of 4.58 Cg%
- QM 12-03 3.50 m to 54.62 m 51.12 meters of 1.48 Cg%
- QM 12-06 40.00 m to 71.50 m 31.50 meters of 1.94 Cg%
- QM 12-10 4.50 m to 47.42 m 42.92 meters of 2.47 Cg%
including 5.46 meters of 8.02 Cg%
- QM 12-16 31.48 m to 51.00 19.52 meters of 6.23 Cg%
- QM 12-17 5.20 m to 37.73 m 32.53 meters of 2.89 Cg%
- QM 12-19 2.00 m to 43.30 m 41.30 meters of 2.73 Cg%
- QM 12-20 4.30 m to 44.75 m 40.45 meters of 2.83 Cg%
including 3.45 meters of 10.01 Cg%
- QM 12-21 1.35 m to 39.50 m 38.15 meters of 3.43 Cg%
including 4.77 meters of 10.80 Cg%
- QM 12-22 11.20m to 51.00 m 39.80 meters of 3.71 Cg%
including 9.90 meters of 8.81 Cg%
- QM 12-23 6.90 m to 50.10 m 43.20 meters of 3.71 Cg%
- Drill hole intervals reported herein are not true widths but reported along core.
- Drill hole intervals are weight-averaged based on the sample width.
- No internal cut-off grades were used in the reported intervals.
The drill hole map and a full set of drill results released October 22 and November 13, 2012 are available at:
- Raise the profile of the Company with Institutions
- Improve US Exposure through new listing
- Complete Metallurgical studies on the graphite at Quatre Milles East.
- Perform preliminary exploration at Quatre Milles West.
- Complete a 43-101 compliant flake graphite resource study.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.