PANalytical’s latest X-ray diffraction system is based on the completely renewed X’Pert platform. The system has features that include compliance with recent and stringent X-ray and motion safety norms, on-board electronics with improvements in reliability and eco-friendliness.
The system offers an economical solution for high quality, increased throughput phase quantification and identification, grazing incidence diffraction, residual stress analysis, X-ray reflectometry, pair distribution function analysis, small angle X-ray scattering and non-ambient diffraction.
The key features of X’Pert³ Powder are:
- Future-proof, eco-friendly, maximum uptime - X’Pert³ Powder uses the same control electronics as the Empyrean platform, offering ultimate system flexibility for future applications and services. Also, the X’Pert³ Powder complies with the latest and most stringent safety norms.
- The X’Pert³ Powder makes use of the patented corrosion-resistant incident smart beam path (CRISP) technology.
- CRISP prevents X-ray-induced corrosion on any of the incident beam path components, from the X–ray tube, tube housing to incident beam optics.
- In combination with the lead-free tube tower and PANalytical’s eco-friendly tube disposal policy this guarantees ‘green’ operation. Also by preventing the X-ray-induced corrosion, CRISP maximizes the uptime of your investment.
- Another feature of the new X’Pert³ Powder, guaranteeing maximum uptime, is the use of pneumatic shutters and beam attenuators.
- By employing the second generation PreFIX adopted from the Empyrean platform, the X’Pert³ Powder is the economical solution for multipurpose X-ray diffraction platforms with unsurpassed versatility.
- Non-ambient chambers are available that can cool samples down to 12K or heat up to 2300°C. Also strain stages and high-pressure stages are available.
- The X’Pert³ Powder comes with a full 3kW generator, which offers high-intensity and up to 5 times faster data collection than typical benchtop systems (or up to 3 times faster than 1kW systems).
- Widest variety of detectors available- The X’Pert³ Powder can be equipped with either point or line detectors. A very cost-effective detector is the sealed Xe proportional detector, while our scintillation detector is very suited for hard radiation applications such as pair distribution function analysis.
The applications of X’Pert³ Powder are:
- Pair distribution function
- Easy and fast analysis of complex street drugs
- Technological solution for combating counterfeit drugs
- Supporting the pharmaceutical industry with 21 CFR Part 11 compliance readiness
- Quantitative XRD, respirable silica dust analysis