The Epsilon 1 Mining from PANalytical is designed to be the most powerful benchtop XRF spectrometer in its class. It is a fully integrated, compact, energy dispersive XRF analyzer with a spectrometer, built-in computer and touch screen. ‘Out of the box’ and pre-calibrated analytical solution.
Epsilon 1 produces fast, cost-effective, precise and accurate data with minimal operator dependence and sample preparation. The total running cost is therefore relatively low when compared to other analytical techniques such as AAS, ICP and wet chemical methods.
The Epsilon 1 Mining offers pre-calibrated benchtop XRF for a range of mining material applications, including rocks, soils and a wide range of ore types, required for exploration, mine resource planning and mineral beneficiation.
In a recent press release Pieter de Groot, PANalytical Corporate Marketing Director spoke about the Epsilon 1:
PANalytical XRF solutions are well established for high quality elemental and mineral analysis of mining materials. The Epsilon 1 now offers this analysis in a powerful and compact benchtop system, eminently suited for a range of key mining material analysis applications. Designed with operational ease of use in mind, for the first time PANalytical’s high standards of analysis are now available within this class of desktop instrument.
The key benefits of the Epsilon 1 are as follows:
- Simple operation using touch screen
- High sensitivity via smart excitation and detection technology
- Well designed optical path
- Highly sensitive SDD detector system
- Broad range of excitation capabilities ranging from 10 to 50 kV for light and heavy elements
- X-ray safety assured
- Flexibility with 100% data treatment and application set-up
- Improved by standardless analysis package
- Global service network