Spectro offers SpectroT2FM Q500 Analytical Ferrography Laboratory, an analytical tool specifically designed for the separation and analysis of contaminant and wear particles from used hydraulic fluids, lubricant oils, fuels and coolants.
The system includes the T2FM Ferrogram maker, an image capture software, a bichromatic microscope and a video camera.
The SpectroT2FM Q500 can quickly prepare a ferrogram and eliminates wait time as sample is pushed through a plastic tubing prior to reaching the surface of ferrogram. The T2FM supplies the whole sample along with all the particles onto the ferrogram surface.
A bichromatic microscope, supplied with transmitted (green) and reflected (red) light sources, views and analyzes ferrograms. A video camera attached to a computer displays, stores, retrieves and prints ferrographic images. The comparison of recent and old ferrograms helps in determining evolving wear modes inside an engine or machine.
The main features of the SpectroT2FM Q500 Analytical Ferrography Laboratory are:
- Efficiently separates contaminant and wear particles from fluid samples
- Ferrography aids in the analysis of the origin, distribution and characteristics of wear particle debris
- No deformation of particles
- Quick ferrogram preparation
- Separates particles with sizes of up to 800µm
- User friendly
- Achieves cleaner rinses
- Uses fewer consumables
The main applications of the SpectroT2FM Q500 Analytical Ferrography Laboratory are:
- Machine condition based monitoring
- Analysis of the origin, distribution and characteristics of contaminants and wear particle debris in used oils