Spectro Incorporated is a high technology company that specialized for almost 30 years in the development of instruments for machine condition monitoring based on oil and fuel analysis. Our sole focus has been to design and market instruments optimized for one application, rather than general-purpose instruments that can be used for a variety of applications. All Spectroils are easy to use, reliable and the workhorses of commercial and military oil analysis laboratories that require the rapid analysis of wear metals, contaminants and additives in lubricants. It measures trace quantities of elements dissolved or suspended as fine particles in natural or synthetic petroleum based products using the time-tested and reliable rotating disc electrode (RDE) technique. Spectro continually innovates both by inventing new products and by enhancing existing ones in response to customers’ needs for more capabilities or automation. The new Spectroil Q100 maintains this tradition and was designed from the ground up with the user, the application, and the in-service oil analysis laboratory in mind.
Features of the Spectroil Q100
The Spectroil Q100 uses the same technology and design concepts that Spectro has successfully applied over the years to the Spectroil M family of spectrometers. It is the next step in design and performance utilizing the most up-to-date solid-state electronics and optical systems. Spectroil Q100 also fulfills the requirements of ASTM D6595 Standard Method for Determination of Wear Metals and Contaminants in Used Lubricating Oils or Hydraulic Fluids by Rotating Disc Electrode Atomic Emission Spectrometry.
- The Spectroil Q100 has a standard configuration that includes 22 elements (see list below) plus it has the option to add up to 13 additional elements like Sb, Bi, As, In, Co, Zr, W, Sr, Li, Ce, Nb and Rh anytime anywhere, without the need for any hardware upgrade.
- Wear Metals: Al, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Pb, Mg, Mn, Mo, Ni, Ag, Sn, Ti, V, Zn
- Contaminants: B, Ca, K, Si, Na
- Additives: Ba, B, Ca, Cr, Cu, Mg, Mo, P, Si, Zn
- Smallest rotating disc spectrometer in the world -Size (L x W x H): 26 in. x 16 in. x 29 in. Weight:165 lbs
- The Spectroil Q100 has capability for the easy addition of a coolant program which means that you can have it without the need of any attachment / modification of the existing spectrometers
- The Spectroil Q100 is customized for laboratory environment.
- The latest Spectroil Q100 instrument uses a unique double layer optic with Multiple CCD detectors. Total of 15 CCD detectors are mounted on the Rowland circle in order to cover the wave¬length range from 200 to 800 nm of the elements of interest.
- The Spectroil Q100 has overall better limits of detection than previous PMT systems
- The new CCD optical system version has the following advantages over old photomultiplier tubes systems