The new 5th generation MiniFlex is a general purpose X-ray diffractometer that can perform quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of polycrystalline materials. The MiniFlex is presently available in two variations that include the following:
- MiniFlex 600 – It operates at 600 W and is two times more powerful as other benchtop models enabling better throughput and quicker analysis.
- MiniFlex 300 – It operates at 300 W and there is no need for an external heat exchanger. The design of each model is done in such a way that flexibility is maximized in a benchtop package.
The MiniFlex is ideal for fast-paced XRD analyses, and offers speed and sensitivity through innovative technology enhancements such as the optional D/teX high speed detector coupled with the new 600W X-ray source. The optional graphite monochromator, combined with the standard scintillation counter, increases sensitivity by optimizing peak-to-background ratios. In case resolution is very important, diffracted and incident beam slits can be chosen to offer the needed resolution. For high sample throughput, MiniFlex is the only benchtop XRD system with an available sample changer. The MiniFlex offers both value and performance whether one teaches X-ray diffraction at the university and college level, or routine industry quality assurance.
Along with the MiniFlex, a latest version of PDXL is also offered, which is Rigaku’s full-function powder diffraction analysis package. The latest version of PDXL offers a significant functionality such as a fundamental parameter method (FP) for more accurate peak calculation, phase identification using the Crystallography Open Database (COD), and a wizard for ab inito crystal structure analysis.
The key features of the MiniFlex Benchtop XRD Instrument are:
- New 5th generation design for 2012
- Factory aligned goniometer system
- Laptop computer operation
- Compact, fail-safe radiation enclosure
- Incident beam variable slit
- Simple installation and user training
The measurements of the MiniFlex Benchtop XRD Instrument are:
- Phase identification
- Phase quantification
- Percent (%) crystallinity
- Crystallite size and strain
- Lattice parameter refinement
- Rietveld refinement
- Molecular structure
The options offered along with the MiniFlex Benchtop XRD Instrument are:
- 6-position autosampler
- Graphite monochromator
- High speed silicon strip detector
- Air sensitive sample holder
- Travel case
New 6th generation MiniFlex benchtop X-ray diffractometer from Rigaku