The Rigaku NEX QC is a low-cost premium benchtop Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (EDXRF) elemental analyzer, which offers wide elemental coverage with an easy-to-learn software interface in a rugged package designed for industrial at-line quality control applications. It is possible to analyze non-destructively from sodium to uranium in almost any matrix from alloys and solids to liquids, powders and slurries.
The NEX-QC is specifically designed for routine quality control elemental analysis applications that features an intuitive "icon-driven" touch screen interface for easy operation and a built-in printer for convenience. The shuttered 50kV X-ray tube and Peltier cooled semiconductor detector delivers exclusive short-term repeatability and long-term reproducibility with excellent element peak resolution. This high voltage capability (50 kV), along with multiple automated X-ray tube filters, offers a broad range of XRF applications versatility and low limits-of-detection (LOD).
Alternatives include automatic sample changer, fundamental parameters, sample spinner, and helium purge for enhanced light element sensitivity. For those applications that need high-resolution and sensitivity, Rigaku offers the new NEX QC+ energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence analyzer which is equipped with a silicon drift detector (SDD).
The key features of the NEX QC are:
- Analysis of 11Na to 92U non-destructively
- Solids, liquids, alloys, powders and thin films
- 50kV X-ray tube for wide elemental coverage
- Semiconductor detector for superior data quality
- Modern smartphone-style "icon-driven" user interface
- Multiple automated tube filters for enhanced sensitivity
- Convenient built-in thermal printer
- Low-cost with an unmatched performance-to-price ratio
- Optional fundamental parameters
Rigaku NEX QC SERIES of benchtop EDXRF analyzers
Video credit: Rigaku