May 23 2012
Over the last five years, shale gas has become a major new source of natural gas supply to theUS market, the largest gas market in the world. Over this time, both gas production and capital investment into shale development have grown considerably, bring this market once dominated by small private companies into the global spotlight.
Currently the North American gas market is seeing a period of substantial oversupply as booming production coupled with unmatched demand leave a glut of gas on the market. As constraints in the natural gas market become increasingly restrictive, competitive positioning becomes ever more vital for further business development.
This report examines the positioning of the major players in the market by creating a market share analysis of the 20 largest companies by capital expenditure on shale gas in 2011. The leading companies are compared by market share, shale plays, shale gas acreage, proportion of their business focused on shale gas, and the expected change in expenditure from 2011 to 2012. A forecast for 2012 expenditure on shale gas development is also made, introducing new players to the top spending group as the better positioned companies show their advantages. A SWOT analysis of each of the companies is also included, providing a short to mid term outlook for each of the leading 20 companies.
The major producing shale plays are also analysed in terms of break even cost, initial production rates and liquids showing. This analysis is then used to calculate the prospects of each company depending on where they operate and the extent of their acreage.
This information is provided at a critical time in the brief history of shale gas as record low natural gas prices in North America put pressure on the economical development of resources. The report provides an unbiased and clear indication of which companies are in the most advantageous position going forward.
Unique Selling Points
• A competitive analysis of the leading twenty shale gas companies, comparing and ranking capital expenditure and acreage positioning• Market share data and analysis of the top 20 shale gas companies based on capital expenditure on shale gas development in 2011 and expected expenditure for 2012• Capital expenditure and operational data verified through direct consultation with the leading companies• Data and analysis of shale gas acreage positions of the top 20 shale gas companies• A SWOT analysis illustrating the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to each of the leading 20 shale gas companies• 104 tables, charts and graphs analysing and comparing each of the leading companies and their position in the shale gas market• An indication of how much of the top 20 companies' business is focused on the shale gas industry• Analysis of which companies are likely to increase, decrease or maintain spending over the next year• A comprehensive overview of the most important trends in the shale gas market, shaping the decisions of the major companies• A PEST analysis of the shale gas market, covering the critical political, economical, social and technological issues influencing companies in the shale gas market• A comparison of the major North American shale plays by break even cost, initial production rates and liquids content
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a wide and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad industry overview. Visiongain directly contacted the top companies in the shale gas market, liaising to confirm capital expenditure data and operational information in order to underpin market share calculations and analysis. The study also draws on a broad and diverse range of official corporate announcements and presentations, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and consultation as a basis for calculating the market share and analysing the direction of the shale gas market in 2012.
Visiongain considers that this methodology results in an accurate, objective mixture of data collection and analysis.
Why you should buy The 20 Leading Companies in Shale Gas 2012: Competitive Landscape Analysis • You will be able to directly compare the largest companies operating in the shale gas industry and develop an idea of who is more competitively placed going forward
• You will be provided with market share data based on capital expenditure on shale gas development in 2011 as well as a forecast for expected expenditure in 2012, introducing new companies to the leading spenders
• You can study the size of the acreage each of the leading companies holds and in which shale plays they are operating
• You can read a SWOT analysis illustrating the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the leading 20 shale gas companies
• You are provided with 104 tables, charts and graphs analysing and comparing each of the leading companies and their position in the shale gas market
• You will receive analysis of which companies are likely to increase, decrease or maintain spending over the next year with a short term outlook
• You will understand the most important trends in the shale gas market and see how they are shaping the decisions of the major companies
• You will find a PEST analysis of the shale gas market, covering the critical political, economical, social and technological issues influencing the future of the companies in the shale gas market
• You can directly compare the most important aspects of the major North American shale plays, seeing which plays offer the best returns
What is the structure of the report? Chapter 1 provides an executive summary of the report, concisely outlining the current state of the shale gas market, the scope of the report and the methodology.
Chapter 2 offers an introduction to the shale gas market by giving an overview of global shale resources, comparing the performance of major shale plays in North America and outlining the most pressing trends currently affecting the industry.
Chapter 3 provides a competitive analysis of the top twenty companies by capital expenditure, market share, acreage, the importance of shale gas to the company and the types of company dominating the market.
Chapter 4 analyses the top twenty shale gas companies in 2011 providing a capital expenditure market share for each company, as well as a forecast for 2012. Information on acreage and operations is included, as well as a SWOT analysis for each company. There is also analysis and market share forecasts for new major companies increasing their investment in the shale gas market in 2012.
Chapter 5 offers a PEST analysis of the shale gas market analysis the critical political, economical, social and technological issues affecting the market.
Chapter 6 provides a clear and succinct conclusion to the report summarising the major attributes required for a company to succeed in the shale gas market, offering insight into which companies are likely show the best performance.
Chapter 7 is a glossary of terms and abbreviations used in the report.
You can order this report today Anybody with an interest in the shale gas market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study by visiongain, which analyses one of the most exciting new elements of the gas industry. The shale gas market offers substantial business and investment opportunities and is set to become an increasingly important component of the energy sector in several key regions.
This visiongain energy report will be valuable both to those already involved in shale gas market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The 20 Leading Companies in Shale Gas 2012: Competitive Landscape Analysis
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government