The SpectroFTIR Alpha Q410 Oil Analyzer is specifically designed for the molecular analysis of lubricating oil to determine oil degradation and contamination. It was developed and optimized for predictive maintenance programs according to JOAP and DIN standards for the rapid determination of oxidation, nitration, sulfation, water, coolant, fuel dilution, soot and wear additive depletion in used lubricating oils. The SpectroFTIR Alpha Q410 Oil Analyzer also complies with the ASTM E2412 Standard Practice for Condition Monitoring of Used Lubricants by Trend Analysis Using FTIR spectroscopy.
The SpectroFTIR Alpha Q410 Oil Analyzer requires little space for operation and uses an innovative flip-top cell to introduce and analyze the sample, eliminate solvents and simplify the cleaning process. The flip-top cell also makes sample introduction easy and enables the user to analyze fluids with a wide range of viscosities.
The SpectroFTIR Alpha Q410 Oil Analyzer features a fixed interferometer that does not require software or time consuming manual alignment. When coupled with an optional auto sampler, the SpectroFTIR Alpha Q410 Oil Analyzer is ideal for condition monitoring laboratories with large sample loads. The system is easy to use and requires little training for operation since it is optimized for one application: used oil analysis. It features continuous online diagnosis of all spectrometer components and automatic control of selected measurement parameters.
The SpectroFTIR Alpha Q410 Oil Analyzer can perform the following tests on oil samples:
- Total Acid Number
- Total Base Number
Benefits and Features
Benefits of using the The SpectroFTIR Alpha Q410 Oil Analyzer include:
- Provides an early warning of lubricant degradation and contamination
- Quantitative TAN and TBN analyses.
- Instrument and software specifically designed for the analysis of used oil.
- Transmission cell optimized for the analysis of used oil.
- Fixed interferometer, does not require software or manual alignment.
- Exceptional stability and reliability in harsh operating environments.
- Completely sealed and desiccated to prevent humidity interferences.