International Journal of Coal Geology
The International Journal of Coal Geology is committed to treating the basic and applied aspects of the geology and petrology of coal in a scholarly manner. Its scope encompasses:
- the genesis of coal and coal seams, including studies of modern coal-forming processes and environments
- the metamorphosis of coal materials in coal seams and dispersed in other rock types
- the geology of coal measures including stratigraphic, structural, geomorphic, paleogeographic, paleoecologic, hydrogeologic, palynologic, paleozoologic and paleobotanic facets of the subject
- the petrology and petrography of coal and coal seams including coal mineralogy, geochemistry and the chemical and physical constitution of coal.
- coalbed gases, including coalbed methane and CO2 sequestration
- geologic aspects of coal mining
The journal aims to stimulate the development of the science of coal geology in all parts of the world and to facilitate the dissemination of information on coals from all continents to all those who can benefit from such information. Types of contributions published are: papers describing original research results; proceedings of symposia; surveys; reviews; book reviews; overviews of recent literature, and letters to the editor.
Click here for more information