The "Metal Ore Mining Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Metal ore mining industry primarily covers mining of metallic minerals and development of mine sites. It also includes ore dressing, and other beneficiating operations such as crushing, grinding, washing, drying, sintering, concentrating, calcining, and leaching.
The industry is further classified as follows: Iron Ore Mining, Gold Ore Mining, Silver Ore Mining, Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining, Uranium-Radium-Vanadium Ore Mining, and All Other Metal Ore Mining.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the metal ore mining market in 2016, accounting for around 78% of the market. This is mainly because most countries in the region have large mineral resources and demand. Asia Pacific makes up almost two-thirds of the global non-ferrous mineral exploration expenditure. Africa was the second largest region accounting for around 5% of the market. Eastern Europe was the smallest region accounting for around 1% of the market.
The use of robots in the metal ore mining industry is improving the efficiency and productivity of mines and reduces operational costs. Robotics is significantly increasing the mining capabilities by rolling out autonomous trucks and drills, thus reducing the need for human workforce. Robots are used in some critical mining activities such as drilling, blasting explosives in the mines, and guiding and driving off-highway haul trucks operating in mines. RioTinto has deployed driverless trucks and robotic rock drilling rigs to haul the ore 24 hours a day and reported 15% reduction in operating costs. For instance, BHP Billiton has also rolled out driverless trucks and drills in its iron ore mines.
- Markets Covered: Gold, Iron, Silver, Uranium, Vanadium, and All Other Metal Ore Mining.
- Geographic Scope: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East And Africa
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Rio Tinto Plc
- Vale SA
- BHP Billiton Ltd
- Barrick Gold
- Anglo American Plc
- Fortescue Metals Group Ltd
- Newmont Mining Corporation
- AngloGold Ashanti
- Kinross Gold
- Gold Corp