Luckystrike Resources Ltd. has reported mobilization in preparation for its 2019 drill program including siting several drill collars on its 100%-owned Lucky Strike Property, situated in the center of the White Gold District, Yukon.
The program will concentrate on expanding on discovery hole DDLS-18-06 which intersected 4.55 g/ton Au over 7.6 m within a recently discovered, unoxidized lower zone at Monte Carlo, that is made up of a wide gold-sulfide rich unit. This drill hole was the only one to test the IP anomaly and establishes the lower zone directly corresponds to the large, subsurface, robust IP chargeability anomaly that is distinct for 1.8 km and stays open in all directions. Drilling is scheduled to test an 800-meter section of this buried, multi-line chargeability anomaly, offering very robust potential to rapidly expand the scale and geometry of Monte Carlo gold zone both along strike and to depth.
- Diamond drill hole DDLS-18-06 intersected several gold-bearing zones at the Monte Carlo zone, fetching 1.16 g per ton gold (g/ton Au) over 8.3 m in the upper zone and 4.55 g/ton Au over 7.6 m in a recently discovered lower zone including a wide gold-sulfide rich unit
- This drill hole confirms the lower zone directly matches a large, subsurface, robust IP chargeability anomaly that is established for 1.8 km and stays open in all directions
- The lower zone is said to be extremely significant, as drill hole DDLS-18-06 signifies the only one to have targeted and established the presence of a wide zone of high-grade gold mineralization within the IP anomaly
- 2017 drilling in the upper oxidized zone returned 5.36 g/ton Au over 22 m
- Trenching at Monte Carlo returned 0.94 g/ton Au over 30 m including 1.14 g/ton Au over 24 m
- 2018 trenching has also considerably expanded the strike length of proven gold mineralization along the Monte Carlo trend from 400 m to 560 m, and the zone remains open to the southeast and northwest. Soil sampling, rock grabs, and IP point to a larger footprint of 1800 m x 450 m on Monte Carlo, part of the 10 km Lucky Strike Corridor.
With the preparations for summer drill program now mobilized, we look forward to receiving the drill results from the newly discovered gold zone. Drilling will be focused on expanding on the 2018 discovery hole DDLS-18-06 to trace the zone both along strike and to depth, which remains open in all directions. With continued drilling success the Luckystrike Property is poised to quickly evolve into a significant gold discovery.
William (Bill) Chornobay, President and CEO, Luckystrike Resources
Stephen Roach, P. Geo., Chief Geologist, is a qualified person as stipulated by National Instrument 43-101, for Luckystrike’s Yukon exploration projects and had controlled the preparation of, and has appraised and approved, the technical information in this news release.