Luckystrike Resources Ltd., a mining and exploration company, has announced that drilling operations have been stated on its fully owned Lucky Strike Property, situated in the core of the White Gold District, Yukon.
Image credits: Mark Agnor/shutterstock.com
The drilling program will target on expanding the discovery hole DDLS-18-06, which has successfully intersected 4.55 g/t Au over 7.6 m within a recently identified, un-oxidized lower zone located at Monte Carlo, that includes a broad gold-sulfide-rich unit.
The drill hole DDLS-18-06 was the only one to test the IP anomaly and validated that the lower zone directly relates with the massive, subsurface, robust IP chargeability anomaly defined for 1.8 km and stays exposed in all directions.
Drilling operations have been scheduled to test an 800-m section of this concealed, multi-line chargeability anomaly, offering extremely robust potential to rapidly expand the geometry and scale of Monte Carlo gold zone, to depth and along strike.
- Multiple gold-bearing zones, intersected by the diamond drill hole DDLS-18-06 at the Monte Carlo zone, returned 1.16 g per ton gold (g/t Au) over 8.3 m in the upper zone and 4.55 g/t Au over 7.6 m in a recently identified lower zone containing a broad gold-sulfide-rich unit.
- The drill hole confirmed that the lower zone directly relates to a huge, subsurface, strong IP chargeability anomaly defined for 1.8 km and stays open in all directions.
- The lower zone is believed to be extremely vital, since drill hole DDLS-18-06 is the only one to target and validate the existence of a broad zone of high-grade gold mineralization inside the IP anomaly.
- In 2017, drilling was performed on the upper oxidized zone that returned 5.36 g/t Au over 22 m.
- At Monte Carlo, trenching returned 0.94 g/t Au over 30 m including 1.14 g/t Au over 24 m
- The trenching conducted in 2018 also considerably extended the strike length of identified gold mineralization along the Monte Carlo trend from 400 to 560 m, and the zone stays exposed to the southeast and northwest. Rock grabs, soil sampling, and IP denote a larger footprint of 1800 m x 450 m on Monte Carlo, which is part of the 10-km Lucky Strike Corridor.
We look forward to receiving the drill results from the newly discovered gold zone. Drilling will be focused on expanding on the 2018 discovery hole DDLS-18-06 to trace the zone both along strike and to depth, which remains open in all directions. With continued drilling success the Luckystrike Property is poised to quickly evolve into a significant gold discovery.
William (Bill) Chornobay, President and CEO, Luckystrike Resources Ltd.