Cartier Resources Inc. announces the results of the deep investigation OreVision geophysical survey, completed in January 2016 on the MacCormack Property, situated 25 km north-north-west of the Bousquet - LaRonde mining camp infrastructures. The results generated two (2) drill target zones.
Interpretation of geological and geophysical data led to the identification of a "graben" type structure, that hosts the favorable features for VMS deposits. These features are:
- Thickening (25 to 200 m) of the rhyolitic units;
- Hydrothermal alteration of the rhyolites (Ishikawa Index > 80 %);
- Presence of favorable horizons (exhalites);
- Presence of massive sulphides grading:
- 11.10% Zn, 1.23% Cu, 66.2 g/t Ag and 0.29 g/t Au / 0.4 m ;
- 11.51% Zn, 0.21% Cu, 44.2 g/t Ag and 1.98 g/t Au / 0.6 m.
A 2 000 m diamond drill program and budget was prepared to explore the new potential of this area. Interpretation of new data has also identified similar features for VMS mineralization in the western portion of the property. This area will be prospected over the summer months.