Posted in | News | Gold | Copper | Silver | Zinc

Mindoro Resources Initiates 1,000-Meters Drilling at the Pan De Azucar Project in Philippines

Mindoro Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:MIO) (FRANKFURT:WKN 906167) today announced that drilling has commenced on its Pan de Azucar Project, Iloilo Province, Philippines.

An initial program of approximately 1,000 meters will further evaluate the Valderama massive sulphide body where promising gold, copper, silver and zinc values were intersected by Mindoro in two scout-drill programs. The program will also lead to a preliminary options study on the suitability of the massive pyritic sulphide as feedstock for sulphuric acid production for processing of the Agata nickel laterite resource.

Pan de Azucar Island covers an intensely altered volcanic caldera hosting the Valderama pyritic massive sulphide body and Asparin Hill porphyry copper-gold prospect. Fourteen drill holes in two programs partially outlined the Valderama sulphide body, a flat-lying and near-surface sheet of massive pyritic sulphides carrying significant base and precious metal values. Drill results included PDA-03 with 37.1 meters of 0.82% copper, 1.88 g/t gold from 16.3 meters depth; PDA-06 with 37 meters of 0.14 % copper, 1.25 g/t gold from 6 43 meters depth; PDA-08 with 40.25 meters of 0.69 % copper, 1.21 g/t gold, 4.34 g/t silver, and 0.63% zinc from 55.75 meters depth. The mineralization is hosted within a body of nearly pure pyrite containing from 36 to 42 percent sulphur. For further information regarding previous Pan de Azucar drill programs, refer to press releases on Mindoro's website dated October 2 and December 3, 2001; January 9, October 2, and November 7, 2002; and January 23, 2003.

The Valderama sulphide body is typically between 10 to 40 meters thick. Based on drilling, mapping and geophysical expression, Valderama is estimated to be approximately 200 meters wide by 800 meters long. The mineralization is open to the north for a further 250-300 meters, to the property boundary, where gossanous outcrops are present.

The Pan de Azucar Mineral Production Sharing Agreement covers 535 ha on Pan de Azucar Island and adjacent Panay Island. Under a 1997 agreement with a private Philippines company, Mindoro may earn a 75 percent interest in the Pan de Azucar Project through phased exploration expenditures and issues of shares. Mindoro has earned a 40 percent interest to date and has recently extended its right to earn the additional 35 percent to bring it to a total 75 percent interest, which will be attained during the current program.

Tony Climie, P.Geol, is Mindoro's Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, who is responsible for monitoring the supervision and quality control of Mindoro's regional exploration programs and who has reviewed and verified the technical information contained in this news release.

Source: Mindoro Resources Ltd.

Citations

Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:

  • APA

    Mindoro Resources Ltd.. (2019, February 18). Mindoro Resources Initiates 1,000-Meters Drilling at the Pan De Azucar Project in Philippines. AZoMining. Retrieved on May 22, 2024 from https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=1276.

  • MLA

    Mindoro Resources Ltd.. "Mindoro Resources Initiates 1,000-Meters Drilling at the Pan De Azucar Project in Philippines". AZoMining. 22 May 2024. <https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=1276>.

  • Chicago

    Mindoro Resources Ltd.. "Mindoro Resources Initiates 1,000-Meters Drilling at the Pan De Azucar Project in Philippines". AZoMining. https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=1276. (accessed May 22, 2024).

  • Harvard

    Mindoro Resources Ltd.. 2019. Mindoro Resources Initiates 1,000-Meters Drilling at the Pan De Azucar Project in Philippines. AZoMining, viewed 22 May 2024, https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=1276.

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Your comment type
Submit

While we only use edited and approved content for Azthena answers, it may on occasions provide incorrect responses. Please confirm any data provided with the related suppliers or authors. We do not provide medical advice, if you search for medical information you must always consult a medical professional before acting on any information provided.

Your questions, but not your email details will be shared with OpenAI and retained for 30 days in accordance with their privacy principles.

Please do not ask questions that use sensitive or confidential information.

Read the full Terms & Conditions.