Newrange Gold Corp. is pleased to announce the Company has received all necessary drilling permits from the Bureau of Land Management and has posted the required reclamation bond. The drill, support vehicles and equipment are on site and drilling is scheduled to commence in the coming days at the Pamlico Gold Project.
Objectives of this first phase of drilling are:
- Drill test and expand recently discovered high-grade and disseminated gold mineralization sampled in the Merritt decline (in the Merritt Zone) as discussed in the Company's News Releases of March 2 and April 11, 2017.
- Confirm and expand high-grade and disseminated gold mineralization in the Merritt Zone.
- Explore and establish continuity of mineralization between the Merritt Zone and the mineralization sampled in the Merritt decline.
- Explore up and down dip extensions of mineralization previously identified in the Merritt Zone and the Merritt decline. Explore along strike as well.
- Generate sufficient material for preliminary metallurgical testing.
Phase I drilling at Pamlico is focused on testing the postulated continuity of mineralization between that sampled in the Merritt decline and the high-grade intercepts from drilling in Merritt Zone by previous operators. This would indicate a mineralized zone approximately 100 to 130 meters wide that is presently open ended along strike.
Importantly, the knowledge gained focusing on the Merritt decline -- Merritt Zone area will guide exploration for several similar target areas on the property including the Gold Box, Central and Sunset Mine zones.