Liberty Gold Inc. is pleased to announce additional drill results from the Main, Peg Leg and Dip Slope Zones from the 100% controlled Goldstrike Carlin–style Oxide Gold Project in southwestern Utah.
The objective of the current drill program is to link the targets within the Main Zone (including Aggie and Warrior) together into one coherent deposit.
Highlights from the Main Zone (including Warrior and Aggie Targets):
- 1.20 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au) over 7.6 metres (m) within 0.61 g/t Au over 24.4 m in PGS248
- 0.40 g/t Au over 35.1 m in PGS257
- 1.01 g/t Au over 12.2 m within 0.60 g/t Au over 39.6 m in PGS278
Highlights from the Dip Slope Zone:
- 5.59 g/t Au over 6.1 m within 3.40 g/t Au over 10.7 m in PGS250
- 0.50 g/t Au over 45.7 m in PGS252
- 0.58 g/t Au over 10.7 m in PGS254
- 1.85 g/t Au over 6.1 m in PGS256
Highlights from the Peg Leg Zone:
- 0.49 g/t Au over 30.5 m in PGS247
- 1.46 g/t Au over 6.1 m within 0.71 g/t Au over 21.3 m in PGS263
- 0.61 g/t Au over 6.1 m in PGS267
Please note that due to having three drills on the property, assay results for the holes are not necessarily received in sequence.
- Drilling in the Main Zone is focused on linking gold mineralization in the Aggie-Warrior target area to the west with the rest of the Main Zone to the east.
- Infill drilling at the Peg Leg Zone continues to intercept significant gold mineralization.
- The Dip Slope Zone continues to yield high-grade gold intercepts. Additional drilling is being carried out in order to expand outwards based on continued new results, expanding the target area.
In addition to resource drilling in the Main-Dip Slope-Peg Leg area, receipt of the Plan of Operations has enabled access into new areas for target tests, including areas to the west along the Historic Mine Trend, the eastern portion of the Dip Slope Zone and Mineral Mountain. Results are pending from all of these areas, and will be released as they are received.
For a complete table of drill results from the current holes, please click here: http://libertygold.ca/images/sites/default/files/GS_Intercepts08042017.pdf
For a complete table of results for all drilling by Liberty Gold at Goldstrike from 2015 to August 2017, please click here: http://libertygold.ca/images/sites/default/files/GS_Intercepts2015to08042017.pdf
For a map of drill collars and traces for the current release, please click here: http://libertygold.ca/images/sites/default/files/GoldStrike_NR201715.jpg
Goldstrike is located in the eastern Great Basin, immediately adjacent to the Utah/Nevada border, and is a Carlin-style gold system, similar in many ways to the prolific deposits located along Nevada’s Carlin trend. Like Kinsley Mountain and Newmont’s Long Canyon deposit, Goldstrike represents part of a growing number of Carlin-style gold systems located off the main Carlin and Cortez trends in underexplored parts of the Great Basin. The historic Goldstrike Mine operated from 1988 to 1994, with 209,000 ounces of gold produced from 12 shallow pits, at an average grade of 1.2 g/t Au.