Posted in | News | Uranium | Mining Business

Denison Mines Sends Compulsory Acquisition Notice to White Canyon Uranium

Denison Mines Corporation sent the White Canyon Uranium Company a compulsory acquisition notice. Denison Mines already holds 97% of Perth based White Canyon and will acquire the remaining 3% shortly.

White Canyon operates multiple mining claims in North American and is one of few companies in the US which has moved from exploration to production of uranium at its Daneros Mine.

White Canyon's principle assets are located in southeastern Utah, close to Denison's White Mesa mill. Its assets comprise 100% interests in the advanced Thompson, Daneros, Lark Royal, Geitus, Blue Jay and Marcy Look Projects, covering approximately 15,500 acres in the Red Canyon district.

Chief Executive Ron Hochstein of Toronto listed Denison Mines said that he was frustrated by the US government’s ban on mining in the one million acre land surrounding the Grand Canyon. He added that out of four projects that the company had in the region the ban would not affect three of the Arizona Strip projects.

Hochstein added that if for some reason this withdrawal impacts our development of EZ, that is something that will definitely impact their production, probably within the next 5-10 years. As of now Denison Mines produces 200,000 to 300,000 pounds of uranium a year.

He added that the environmental study conducted by the Interior Department had shown no significant current or future negative impact from mining in the area.

Joel Scanlon

Written by

Joel Scanlon

Joel relocated to Australia in 1995 from the United Kingdom and spent five years working in the mining industry as an exploration geotechnician. His role involved utilizing GIS mapping and CAD software. Upon transitioning to the North Coast of NSW, Australia, Joel embarked on a career as a graphic designer at a well-known consultancy firm. Subsequently, he established a successful web services business catering to companies across the eastern seaboard of Australia. It was during this time that he conceived and launched News-Medical.Net. Joel has been an integral part of AZoNetwork since its inception in 2000. Joel possesses a keen interest in exploring the boundaries of technology, comprehending its potential impact on society, and actively engaging with AI-driven solutions and advancements.

Citations

Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:

  • APA

    Scanlon, Joel. (2019, March 19). Denison Mines Sends Compulsory Acquisition Notice to White Canyon Uranium. AZoMining. Retrieved on July 18, 2024 from https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4327.

  • MLA

    Scanlon, Joel. "Denison Mines Sends Compulsory Acquisition Notice to White Canyon Uranium". AZoMining. 18 July 2024. <https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4327>.

  • Chicago

    Scanlon, Joel. "Denison Mines Sends Compulsory Acquisition Notice to White Canyon Uranium". AZoMining. https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4327. (accessed July 18, 2024).

  • Harvard

    Scanlon, Joel. 2019. Denison Mines Sends Compulsory Acquisition Notice to White Canyon Uranium. AZoMining, viewed 18 July 2024, https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4327.

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Your comment type
Submit

While we only use edited and approved content for Azthena answers, it may on occasions provide incorrect responses. Please confirm any data provided with the related suppliers or authors. We do not provide medical advice, if you search for medical information you must always consult a medical professional before acting on any information provided.

Your questions, but not your email details will be shared with OpenAI and retained for 30 days in accordance with their privacy principles.

Please do not ask questions that use sensitive or confidential information.

Read the full Terms & Conditions.