Alphamin Resources Corp is pleased to announce that it has completed an infill resource drilling programme at the Gecomines target on its wholly owned Bisie Tin Prospect (Bisie Project) in east central Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
A total of 3,701 meters were completed from 28 drill holes (including 1 re-drill) and tested 275m of strike. All results have been reported and a maiden resource estimate is expected before the end of the third Quarter, 2013.
Highly significant drill results are shown in the drill hole locality map in Figure 1 and summarized in Table 1. These results included:
- 28.5m @ 3.31% Sn from 91.5m including 6m @ 5.02% Sn from102.5m in BGC023;
- 21m @ 2.36% Sn from 133m including 10m @ 3.76% Sn from 133m in BGC024;
- 14.55m @ 2.22% Sn from 97.45m in BGC025;
- 14m @ 7.13% Sn from 121m including 3.5m @ 26.54% Sn from 127m in BGC026;
- 16m @ 1.46% Sn from 125m including 7.5m @ 2.91% Sn from 125.5m in BGC027;
- 15m @ 7.94% Sn from 171m and 7.65m @ 9.4% Sn from 192m in BGC034;
- 29m @ 3.3% Sn from 165m including 11m @ 6.06% Sn from 176m in BGC035;
- 17m @ 3.27% Sn from 133m in BGC036;
- 17m @ 6.78% Sn from 185m including 4.35m @ 18.62% Sn from186m in BGC037.
The best intercepts were from the four deepest holes (BGC034, 035, 036 and 037) completed during the programme. A photograph of a massive botryoidal wood tin vein intercepted in BGC037 is shown in Figure 4. The same vein was intercepted in BGC035 drilled 50m to the south.
Tin mineralization has a strong chute geometry with an apparent plunge to the north. The intersections reported for BGC031 and BGC034 confirms mineralization is open to the north at depth even though significant mineralization reported from shallow holes BGC012 (6m @ 0.11% Sn), BGC029 (3m @ 0.4% Sn) and BGC030 (6.4m @ 0.28% Sn) drilled above BGC034 as shown in section in Figure 2.
The Company is confident of identifying significant high grade mineralisation down to considerable depths and it believes that only the upper portion of the mineralised body has been drilled to date.