Valterra Resource Corporation ("Valterra") reported today that Optionee, Riverside Resources Inc., has mobilized crews and begun initial surface exploration on the Swift Katie project in southeastern BC.
The surface program will consist of mapping and soil and rock sampling as a prelude to a late summer drill program. Soil Sampling will extend the current soil grid to the northeast and southwest in order to cover an 11km by 3km target corridor of favourable geology, geochemistry and geophysics which has been identified on the property. Mapping and rock sampling will both confirm previous work and focus on areas of anomalous Cu-Au in soils and new targeting derived from Valterra's 2008 airborne Mag-EM survey over the property. Of particular focus for the 2014 program is a newly identified, high priority target 2km south of the historically defined Katie copper-gold porphyry deposit. The newly identified "Swift" porphyry target is characterized by a 2km by 2km multi-element soil anomaly underlain by a favourable geophysical signature; this forested area has limited outcrop but porphyritic intrusive rocks and altered volcanic rocks were recognized by Riverside geologists within and adjacent to the target area.
Swift Katie Option Agreement
The work will be conducted as part of the 2014 Option agreement on the Swift Katie property which is incorporated in Riverside's exploration alliance (the "Alliance") with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Antofagasta plc. Under the terms of the Option, the Alliance can acquire an 80% interest in the Property by incurring cumulative exploration expenditures of $5 million over a 4 year period at which time it will have earned its interest in the Project to be further developed as a joint venture with Valterra holding the remaining 20% working interest.
For complete agreement details please view Valterra's press release dated October 31, 2013.
To view the figure associated with this release, please visit the following link: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/948013_fig1.pdf
Swift Katie Property Details
The Property is underlain by the prolific Quesnel Terrane, within a geologically favourable and highly metallogenic area of British Columbia that historically has hosted several important mining camps. Three mineral showings are located within the property and for many years were explored separately in claims with different ownership; the claims were amalgamated into a single property for the first time under Valterra. There have been numerous geological, geochemical and geophysical surveys completed on the property with some of the most significant work funded by subsidiaries of Noranda and Falconbridge in the 1980s-90s. These programs identified several exploration targets, with the most advanced prospect being the Katie deposit, an alkalic copper-gold porphyry deposit which has been tested by 71 shallow drillholes to date and remains open in several directions. Historic drilling at the Katie occurrence covers an approximately 2.5km x 1.75km area with several untested soil, IP, magnetic and resistivity anomalies in close proximity to known mineralization.
At a district scale, the property covers an 11km by 3km trend, as seen in airborne magnetics, that remains virtually unexplored (outside of the Katie occurrence) for copper-porphyry targets to date and represents significant exploration upside and potential for new discoveries. The Property is located in an infrastructure-rich area of southern BC (roads, rail, power, and proximity to the Trail smelter), where a milder climate allows for a long field season, extensive road networks allow for low-cost exploration, and is situated in a favourable region of the Province that has a strong community of knowledgeable and experienced people on which to draw.
About Valterra Resource Corporation
Valterra is a Manex Resource Group Company. The group provides expertise in exploration, administration, and corporate development services for Valterra's mineral properties located in British Columbia and Ontario. Valterra is focused on early stage properties with the potential to host large deposits, in regions with excellent infrastructure. Over the last several years, Valterra has acquired and is exploring several key projects including "Swift Katie" and "Bobcaygeon" which are located near roads, rail, power, and resource communities in Canada.
Robert Macdonald, MSc., P.Geo., is the Qualified Person responsible for reviewing the technical information presented in this release.
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
Lawrence Page Q.C., President, Valterra Resource Corporation