Hunt Mining Corp. (the "Corporation" or "Hunt") is pleased to announce drill core assay results for two separate targets drilled in the 2014 campaign on the La Josefina Project located in Santa Cruz, Argentina. Hunt conducted a shallow Diamond drilling campaign, not more than 50 meters in depth, including 12 holes totaling 651 meters in length completed on the Maria Belen target and 15 holes totaling 957 meters were drilled on the Sinter target.
The results of this latest drilling continue to confirm high-grade gold mineralization and will be instrumental in the Corporation's ongoing resource expansion efforts and near-term development decisions.
At the Sinter target, all 15 drill holes intersected mineralization. More than half the drill holes intersected one or more intervals containing more than 1.0 g/t Au over true widths ranging from 2.0 to 6.8 meters. Select assay results from the Sinter target include:
Hole # SSI-D14-472:
- 6.8 meters (22.8 feet) true width of 4.28 (grams/tonne) g/t gold, including:
- 0.8 meters true width of 20.6 g/t gold
Hole # SSI-D14-463:
- 2.0 meters true width of 14.9 g/t gold
Hole # SSI-D14-469:
- 2.4 meters true width of 4.8 g/t gold, including:
- 1.3 meters true width of 8.38 g/t gold
Significant mineralized intercepts in those holes not cited above (SSI-D14-458 through 471) include grades ranging from 0.3 to 4.1 g/t Au. A table with all 2014 Sinter drill results can be viewed at www.huntmining.com
At the Maria Belen target, 11 of the 12 drill holes intersected mineralization. Five of these holes intersected one or two intervals containing more than 1.0 g/t Au over true widths ranging from 1.4 to 9.5 meters. Select assay results from the Maria Belen target include:
Hole # SC-D14-448:
- 4.6 meters (15.1 feet) true width of 6.1 (grams/tonne) g/t gold, including:
- 0.8 meters true width of 43.5 g/t gold
Hole # SC-D14-450:
- 3.8 meters true width of 4.3 g/t gold, including:
- 1.4 meters true width of 11.5 g/t gold
Hole # SC-D14-447:
- 1.6 meters true width of 5.4 g/t gold
Hole # SC-D14-453:
- 1.6 meters true width of 7.7 g/t gold, including:
- 1.0 meters true width of 11.6 g/t gold
Mineralization intersected in those holes not cited above (SC-D14-446 through 457) includes gold grades ranging from 0.2 to 4.2 g/t Au. A table with all 2014 Maria Belen drill results can be viewed at www.huntmining.com.
- True widths reported above are estimated at 100% of intercept widths based on surface sampling, flat lying stratigraphic control of mineralization, vertical orientation of drill holes, and cross-section comparisons.
- All drilling has been conducted in accordance with standard industry practices.
- All samples were prepared and assayed by Alex Stewart Laboratories in Mendoza, Argentina.
- An analysis of the Corporation's QA/QC practices are reviewed in detail in the Corporation's current Technical Report in respect of the La Josefina Project, which is available at www.sedar.com
Mel Klohn, Senior Technical Advisor for the Corporation, is the Qualified Person under NI 43-101 who has approved the technical content of this new release.