Typhoon Exploration Inc. (Typhoon) announces to have received results from a first OreVision® test survey completed on the Aiguebelle-Goldfields property. Five (5) lines, 1 kilometre long, were proposed in the extension of the Fayolle deposit (see press release dated Sept. 6, 2012), in an area devoid of any outcrop.
The survey and interpretation performed by Abitibi Geophysics (www.ageophysics.com) gave the indication of two (2) clear anomalies, ready to drill, with the following characteristics:
- Strongly dipping, continuous anomalies seen over the five (5) lines
- Correlated to parallel geological trends, spaced out by 200 metres and following an east-west orientation
- Geophysical model indicating a weak pyrite content (5%) which is coherent with other gold targets in the area
- Eastern projection connecting with Fayolle and another satellite mineralized trend
- Never drill tested
The OreVision® survey is a new IP configuration developed by Abitibi Geophysics specifically to detect weak chargeability signals distinct from overburden effects (www.ageophysics.com). This method is particularly suited to explore gold deposits of the Abitibi Belt.
Typical gold mineralization of the Aiguebelle-Goldfields property and adjoining Fayolle property is mainly hosted in altered dykes and ultramafic rocks characterized by a low content of disseminated pyrite.
The use of OreVision® inaugurates a more systematic exploration approach applicable to other Typhoon properties in the area.
Typhoon targets Quebec's excellent mineral potential for the development of new world-class deposits. The support of our partners, as well as that of our investors (which hold the 35,426,791 shares currently in circulation), contributes greatly to the success of the company.
ABOUT TYPHOON EXPLORATION INC.
- Association on the Aiguebelle-Goldfields Project (Abitibi, Rouyn-Noranda): 49%-owned by Agnico Eagle Mines Limited / 51% by Typhoon
- Association on the Fayolle Project (Abitibi, Rouyn-Noranda): 50%-owned by Hecla Quebec Inc. / 50% by Typhoon
- Monexco Project (Chibougamau, Plan Nord territory): 100%-owned by Typhoon
- Ranger Project (Abitibi, Rouyn-Noranda): 100%-owned by Typhoon
- Sommet Project (Abitibi, Rouyn-Noranda): 100%-owned by Typhoon
The common shares of Typhoon are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "TYP".
Mr. Daniel Gaudreault, ing., (OIQ), of Géologica Groupe-Conseil Inc., is the Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101, to supervise the preparation of the technical aspect of this press release.