Pilot Gold Inc. ("Pilot Gold" or the "Company") is pleased to announce additional drill results from 7 Reverse Circulation (RC) drill holes in the Main Zone of the 100% controlled Goldstrike Oxide Gold Project in southwestern Utah. The primary target is Carlin-style shallow, oxide gold mineralization on the 7 km-long, 2 km-wide "Historic Mine Trend", between and down-dip to the north of historic open pits.
GOLDSTRIKE MAIN ZONE
Current drill highlights include:
- 0.43 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au) over 10.7 metres (m) and 1.10 g/t Au over 3.0 m in PGS092
- 0.67 g/t Au over 9.1 m in PGS095
- 0.90 g/t Au over 18.3 m including 1.32 g/t Au over 7.6 m in PGS096
- 1.08 g/t Au over 45.7 m including 3.06 g/t Au over 6.1 m in PGS097
- 0.68 g/t Au over 29.0 m including 1.61 g/t Au over 4.6 m in PGS098
Of the 7 holes reported, 5 holes intersected notable widths grading between 0.67 and 1.08 g/t Au.
RC drilling continues to be focussed on defining the edges of the Main Zone, on the east end of the Historic Mine Trend, to prepare it for inclusion in a resource estimate, projected for completion in Q1 2017.
- An additional 15 RC drill holes are projected to fill in this area, covering approximately 1400 m by 300 m of strike of the Historic Mine Trend. This area represents less than 10% of the Priority 1 target area as defined by 1242 historical drill holes and by Pilot Gold's 2015 / 2016 drilling to date.
- The Main Zone is currently defined by over 700 historical RC holes, 10 historical core holes and 80 RC and 10 core holes completed by Pilot Gold since late 2015.
- On completion of these 15 holes, the drill will be moved southwest to the Peg Leg Graben.
- A second RC drill is being mobilized to site on September 8th. The second drill will be focused on drilling north of the Main Zone in the Dip Slope area.
- Drill hole intercept density is on the order of 25 to 50 m.
For a complete table of drill results for the current 7 holes, please click here:
For a complete table of results for all drilling by Pilot Gold at Goldstrike in 2015 and to date in 2016, please click here: http://pilotgold.com/sites/default/files/GS_Intercepts2015to08302016.pdf
For a map of drill collars and traces for the current release, please click here:
PEG LEG GRABEN
The Peg Leg Graben is located sub-parallel and southwest of the Main Zone. It is 1.5 km long, up to 250 m wide and has only been drill tested by 3 historic holes, all of which returned significant oxide gold intercepts, including(1):
- Drill hole 90-035: 0.76 g/t Au over 6.1 m and 0.66 g/t Au over 9.1 m and 1.10 g/t Au over 12.2 m, starting from 61 m downhole.
- Drill hole 91-078: 0.67 g/t Au over 27.4 m, starting from 82.3 m downhole.
- Drill hole 91-077: 0.43 g/t Au over 4.6 m and 0.57 g/t Au over 10.7 m, starting from 18.3 m down hole.
Pilot Gold plans to construct 14 drill sites spaced approximately 80 m apart along the graben, with up to 4 holes projected to be drilled per site.
For a map showing the areas of future drill at Goldstrike, please click here: