Copper Fox Metals Inc. ("Copper Fox" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:CUU)(OTC PINK:CPFXF) reports that it has added 57 mineral lode claims to its 100% owned Mineral Mountain property, a Laramide age copper-molybdenum-gold project, located in central Arizona.
Elmer B. Stewart, President and CEO of Copper Fox, stated, "The recent compilation work combined with a review of historical reports identified an area of oxide copper mineralization to the east of the Mineral Mountain project. The additional claims were added to cover the new zone of copper mineralization and protect the interpreted extension of the recently announced porphyry style mineralization hosted in a Laramide age Quartz Monzonite intrusion."
- 57 mineral lode claims totaling 1,157 acres (468.4 ha) have been added to the Mineral Mountain project.
- These mineral claims cover an area where historical reports indicate that oxide copper mineralization was intersected by diamond drilling to a depth 537 feet (163.7 m).
- Several occurrences of oxide copper mineralization were observed in this area when locating the claims.
- The oxide copper mineralization is hosted in the Pinal Schist and interpreted to be associated with a Laramide age Quartz Monzonite intrusive stock.
- The new claims cover the interpreted easterly extension of the recently announced mineralization and potassic/sericitic alteration (see news release dated March 2, 2017).
Mineral Mountain Project:
The Mineral Mountain project is located in the northeast trending Jemez structural lineament, the same trend that hosts the porphyry copper deposits at Casa Grande, Florence, Resolution and in the Globe-Miami district in Arizona.
The recent compilation of the 2015 and 2016 sampling results indicated that the mineralized trend extends to the east beyond the border of the Mineral Mountain project possibly associated with a linear trend of Laramide age Quartz Monzonite intrusive stocks.
A Masters of Science thesis completed by Eberhard A. Schmidt for the faculty of the Department of Geology, University of Arizona in 1967, Pages 81-82., reports the following "A drilling program initiated by the B.O.W. Mining Company in 1964 attempted to confirm disseminated copper mineralization in Pinal Schist about one-half mile northeast of the isolated Mineral Mountain Quartz Monzonite exposure in Box Canyon. The schist in this particular area is somewhat iron stained on the surface, and at one place a gently dipping shear zone exposes considerable amounts of copper carbonates. The company drilled several AX holes down to 537 feet and reportedly intersected copper oxide mineralization from surface to the bottom. No sulfide mineralization or an enriched zone were encountered." "As pointed out elsewhere in this manuscript, the writer believes that the Mineral Mountain Quartz Monzonite extends further to the east beneath the Pinal Schist. The observed iron staining in the overlying schist and the sparse copper mineralization may be intricately associated with the monzonite intrusion".
Elmer B. Stewart, MSc. P. Geol., President of Copper Fox, is the Company's non-independent, nominated Qualified Person pursuant to National Instrument 43-101, Standards for Disclosure for Mineral Projects, and has reviewed and approves the scientific and technical information disclosed in this news release.
About Copper Fox:
Copper Fox is a Tier 1 Canadian resource company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V: CUU) focused on copper exploration and development in Canada and the United States. Copper Fox and its wholly owned Canadian and United States subsidiaries, being Northern Fox Copper Inc. and Desert Fox Copper Inc. hold the assets listed below:
- 25% interest in the Schaft Creek Joint Venture with Teck Resources Limited on the Schaft Creek copper-gold-molybdenum-silver project located in northwestern British Columbia.
- 100% ownership of the Van Dyke oxide copper project located in Miami, Arizona.
- 65.4% of the shares of Carmax Mining Corp. who in turn own 100% of the Eaglehead copper-molybdenum-gold project located in northwestern British Columbia.
- 100% ownership of the Sombrero Butte copper project located east of Mammoth, Arizona.
- 100% ownership of the Mineral Mountain copper project located east of Florence, Arizona.