The "Metal Ore Mining Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the metal ore mining market in 2017, accounting for around 80% market share. This is mainly because most countries in the region have large mineral resources and demand. Asia Pacific makes up almost two-thirds of the global non-ferrous mineral exploration expenditure. Africa was the second largest region accounting for over 5% market share. Eastern Europe was the smallest region accounting for around 1% market share.
The use of robots in the metal ore mining industry is improving the efficiency and productivity of mines and reduces operational costs. Robotics is significantly increasing the mining capabilities by rolling out autonomous trucks and drills, thus reducing the need for human workforce. Robots are used in some critical mining activities such as drilling, blasting explosives in the mines, and guiding and driving off-highway haul trucks operating in mines. RioTinto has deployed driverless trucks and robotic rock drilling rigs to haul the ore 24 hours a day and reported 15% reduction in operating costs. for instance, BHP Billiton has also rolled out driverless trucks and drills in its iron ore mines.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the metal ore mining market revenues, covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future.
- Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
- Market segmentations break down the key sub sectors which make up the market. The regional breakdowns section gives the size of the market geographically.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in the last three years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the metal ore mining market and suggests approaches.
- Markets Covered: Gold, Iron, Silver, Uranium, Vanadium, and All Other Metal Ore Mining.
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Rio Tinto Plc
- Vale SA
- BHP Billiton Ltd
- Barrick Gold
- Anglo American Plc
- Fortescue Metals Group Ltd
- Newmont Mining Corporation
- AngloGold Ashanti
- Kinross Gold
- Gold Corp