Ultra Lithium Inc. announced that it has finalized a drilling contract with Niigaani Drilling Incorporated for 2,095 m of diamond drilling at the Georgia Lake Lithium Property. North Canada Lithium Corp., which owns the Georgia Lake and Forgan Lake lithium characteristics, owns 40% of the Company.
In May 2022, the Company sold a 60% stake in NCLC to Yahua International Investment and Development Co., Ltd., forming a joint project with Yahua holding a 60% stake and Ultra Lithium carrying a 40% stake in NCLC.
The drilling will be carried out on the Jean Lake and Georgia Lake claim blocks (see claim map), with the following goals in mind:
- Approve historic spodumene mineralization at depth on the Camp, Neimi, Giles, and Trans pegmatites in the Jean Lake and the Georgia claim blocks,
- Offer the essential geological and lithium oxide assays for the properties’ first in-depth economic study,
- Outline the strike length of each pegmatite following up on the 2016 and 2017 surface fieldwork,
- Gather core samples for metallurgical test work; these samples can be added to the surface mineralized lithium pegmatite samples gathered during the last winter.
The Company is now well funded and working closely with Yahua, as the Company’s strategic partner. Yahua is a world leader in battery-grade lithium hydroxide production and supply.
Dr Weiguo Lang, CEO, Ultra Lithium Inc.
“By taking advantage of the Company’s exploration expertise and Yahua’s production capabilities in the hard rock lithium space and with the support of the local communities, we are at full strength to expedite the exploration work and move the Georgia Lake and Forgan Lake projects to the next level,” Lang added
Forgan Lake First Nations Exploration Agreement
Ultra Lithium has announced that it has taken the step of negotiating an exploration agreement with North Canada Lithium Corp. (NCLC) and Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek (BZA) to further develop and expand the Forgan Lake Lithium Property in collaboration with the community.
Forgan Lake Project
The Forgan Lake property consists of roughly 256 hectares of land in 20 mining claims in Northwestern Ontario, Canada’s Thunder Bay Mining District. It is situated to the north of Ultra Lithium’s Lucky Lake claim block, which consists of 15 mining claims.
The Company expects to begin work on Forgan Lake in the summer of 2022, which will include surface sampling and ground geophysical assessment. A drill program will begin as soon as the permitting and community consultation processes are done.
- Three historical channel cut samples returned an average 2.57% Li2O over a width of 21 feet (6.4 m)
- Three 2019 grab samples displayed lithium values of 6.90% Li2O, 6.93% Li2O, and 4.88% Li2O
- Lithium mineralization is made up of six spodumene-bearing pegmatites
- Two historical channel cut samples averaged 4.23% Li2O over 24.5 feet (7.46 m)
- Historical exploration in the 1950s’ involved 39 drill holes, aggregating 10,561 feet