NorthWest Copper Corp. supplied an update on its planned 2024 exploration program, which is intended to add value to its advanced projects while also bringing additional exploration prospects and targets to key decision points, ensuring a pipeline of high-quality drill-ready targets for future growth. Following a strategic assessment, the Board of Directors and management determined that the best method to unlock value in NorthWest’s properties is through exploration and discovery, NorthWest’s core business.
A new slate of Directors was elected to the company’s Board on September 26th, 2023. The Board of Directors is dedicated to addressing shareholder concerns and pushing the company ahead in a responsible manner that creates value for all rightsholders and stakeholders.
NorthWest is well positioned to deliver on its updated strategy, which will involve continuous engagement and collaboration with First Nations, thanks to its new Board of Directors and seasoned management team. Specific work planned for the company’s assets in 2024, depending on funding availability and subject to final budget allocation, may include:
- Drill test high conviction copper-gold targets:
- The highest priority target is the Kwanika Transfer Target, a prospective offset of the Kwanika Central Zone 4 that could yield high-grade near-surface bulk-minable mineralization
- The Kwanika Andesite Breccia Target expands on a previous intersection of copper-gold mineralization north of the Central Zone, which is accessible at depth and laterally
- For both the Kwanika Central Zone and Kwanika South Zone, refine the exploration and geology model for possible deep large-tonnage opportunities. This will mainly involve relogging a subset of historical drill holes to restrict structural controls on high-grade copper-gold mineralization
- Targeting and assessing in advance regional exploration targets in the South Creek Zone and the Rottacker Zone, as well as additional targets close to the Kwanika mineral deposits
- Drill test copper-gold targets with high conviction in the following prospects:
- Boundary Target, which possesses a historical non-compliant resource
- A group of additional sites, such as Ridge, Dave’s Line, and Nova, have historical data indicating potential geological, geophysical, and/or geochemical indications
- Prioritize assessing local possibilities to move them into crucial decision-making stages, which could include getting them ready for drills. Updating the property-wide geology and exploration model, surface geochemistry, geophysical surveys, and geological mapping are among the planned tasks
North Omineca Projects (East Niv, Arjay, Croy-Bloom)
- To thoroughly characterize the initial copper-gold porphyry drill targets at East Niv, finish the geochemical sampling programs, induced polarization geophysical surveys, and geological mapping across the 4×5 km Southwest Target
- Develop the Arjay property to potentially drill porphyry targets that have already been discovered
- Keep collaborating with interested outside parties to investigate potential joint venture possibilities at these properties