Posted in | News | Gold

New Gold Reports Drilling Results from Blackwater Project

New Gold has reported the drilling results of four metallurgical holes and 12 further holes from the Blackwater project, located in central British Columbia. These recent results are the extension of an aggressive drilling conducted by New Gold at the Blackwater.

Currently, the company has assays for 66 further holes from the completion of the project’s preliminary resource estimate during March 2011. The current results include step-out and infill holes that are drilled in and around the presently outlined mineral resource.

The company has intersected 2.37 g/t gold over 35 m in the hole BW-176, 2.78 g/t gold over 278 m in the hole BW-179 and 1.41 g/t gold over 150 m in the hole BW-180.

New Gold’s VP of Exploration has stated that these recent results are to find out the deposit’s edges even when focusing on the infill drill program in the core of the previously formed resource. The company is delighted with the drilling results, especially the high grades of the holes 176 and 179 and the expansion of major grades of gold to the southwest direction as discovered in hole 180.

The company has drilled the four metallurgical holes in the deposit’s four separate regions to form representative bulk samples for analysis.

New Gold has enhanced the drilling for the project and has scheduled to drill around 100 holes, totaling 40,000 to 50,000 m, during the second part of 2011. The target of the exploration will be on both the project’s wholly owned southern part and the northern part that is owned 75%, wherein Silver Quest Resources has the remaining 25%. The proposed camp extension is advancing according to the plan to assist eight to ten drill holes. Now, there are five active drill rigs at the site. Besides the current drill program, the company has planned to complete a comprehensive IP-Resistivity Survey to discover the deposit’s expansions in the fall.

New Gold is expecting to provide additional updates about the exploration efforts at the Blackwater project.

Source: http://www.newgold.com/

Joel Scanlon

Written by

Joel Scanlon

Joel emigrated to Australia in 1995 and worked for five years in the mining industry as an exploration geotechnician, using GIS mapping and CAD software. Upon moving to the North Coast of NSW, Australia Joel worked as a graphic designer for a leading consultancy firm. After that, he ran a successful business providing web services to businesses along the eastern seaboard of Australia. During this time, he developed and launched News-Medical.Net. Joel has been working with AZoNetwork since the company was founded in 2000.

Citations

Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:

  • APA

    New Gold Inc.. (2019, February 18). New Gold Reports Drilling Results from Blackwater Project. AZoMining. Retrieved on August 17, 2022 from https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4699.

  • MLA

    New Gold Inc.. "New Gold Reports Drilling Results from Blackwater Project". AZoMining. 17 August 2022. <https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4699>.

  • Chicago

    New Gold Inc.. "New Gold Reports Drilling Results from Blackwater Project". AZoMining. https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4699. (accessed August 17, 2022).

  • Harvard

    New Gold Inc.. 2019. New Gold Reports Drilling Results from Blackwater Project. AZoMining, viewed 17 August 2022, https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4699.

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Your comment type
Submit