Hunt Mining Corp. (the "Corporation") (TSX VENTURE:HMX) is pleased to announce the latest drill results from the Sinter zone located on the La Josefina Project in Santa Cruz province, Argentina.
A total of 6 holes were completed in the Sinter area, with all results coming from surface to maximum depth of 62.5 meters. The Sinter zone exhibits fossil hot spring deposit characteristics with both near-surface disseminated gold, as well as underlying structurally controlled mineralization.
A total of 16 holes have been drilled at this target, with previous Sinter results having been released on May 5th, 2011 which included Hole SSI-D11-287 assaying 19.47 meters (63.88 feet) of 18.83 g/t gold. Of the most recently reported assay results, Hole SSI-D11- lies 50 meters east-southeast of hole SSI-D11-287.
Management intends to continue exploration at the Sinter zone as part of the enhanced exploration schedule commencing immediately.
Highlights from the 6 Sinter drill holes include:
- From surface; 7 meters true width (23 feet) of 5.35 g/t gold, including
- 1 meter, true width, (3.3 feet) of 15.6 g/t gold
- 1.2 meters, true width, (3.9 feet) of 15.7 g/t gold
- At 4 meters depth; 1.3 meters, true width, (4.3 feet) of 6.36 g/t gold,
- At 2.5 meter depth; 4.5 meters, true width, (14.8 feet) of 9.5 g/t gold, including
- 0.60 meters, true width, (2 feet) of 18.4 g/t gold
- 0.50 meters, true width, (1.6 feet) of 34.36 g/t gold
- At 16 meters depth; 2 meters true width (6.6 feet) of 6.89 g/t gold
- At 23 meters depth; 2 meters true width (6.6 feet) of 7.92 g/t gold
Gold and silver grades returned for other recent Sinter holes not cited above (SSN-D11-344, 345, and 346) range from below detection limit (< 0.01 g/t Au) to 0.44 g/t gold.
A table with all 2011 drill results can be viewed at www.huntmining.com.
- True widths reported above are considered to be the same as the drill hole intercept widths based on vertical orientation of drill holes, flat lying stratigraphic control of mineralization, surface mapping, and construction of cross-sections.
- All drilling has been conducted in accordance with standard industry practices.
- All samples are being prepared and assayed by Alex Stewart Laboratories in Mendoza Argentina.
- An analysis of the Corporation's QA/QC practices are reviewed in detail in the Corporation's current Technical Report in respect of the La Josefina Project, which is available at www.sedar.com
Mel Klohn, Senior Technical Advisor for the Corporation is the Qualified Person under National Instrument 43-101 who has approved the technical content of this new release.