Evolving Gold Corp. has announced assays from three drill holes from the Arch Gold Zone at its Carlin gold project, Nevada. Diamond drill holes CAR-011, -012 and -013 all intersected significant gold mineralization including 60.4 meters at 1.28 grams per tonne gold in CAR-013, 32.6m at 1.10 g/t gold in CAR-011 and 6.1m at 2.42 g/t gold in CAR-012.
Ongoing core drilling programs continue to focus on defining a high grade core to this large gold system, as already suggested by results previously reported such as 18.3m at 11.7 g/t gold, including 1.5m at 57.9 g/t gold, and 10.1m at 11.1 g/t gold, including 3.1m at 29.8 g/t gold.
Summary of Results:
- The gold grades and long intervals of gold mineralization from holes CAR-011, -012 and -013 are highly anomalous. Including the most recent intervals, all 9 core-drill holes at the Arch Gold Zone have intersected significant quantities of gold. These long intervals of gold mineralization expand the already large footprint of this gold system with total drilling outlining a 1,000m by 600m Carlin-style gold system that is open in all directions.
- Diamond drill hole CAR-011, a vertical hole situated 115m north of hole CAR-007, intersected 32.6m at 1.10 g/t Au (107 feet at 0.032 oz/t) beginning at 1167.1m. This gold horizon correlates well with the lowermost gold-bearing unit intersected in CAR-007 (25.9m at 2.10 g/t Au beginning at 1170.7m announced Feb. 25, 2010).
- Diamond drill hole CAR-012, a vertical hole situated 130 meters southwest of hole CAR-007, encountered 6.1m at 2.42 g/t Au (20 feet at 0.071 oz/t ) including 1.5m at 7.57 g/t Au (5 feet at 0.221 oz/t ) beginning at 713.2m. This interval correlates well with a zone of gold mineralization intersected in CAR-007 (7.6m at 5.5 g/t Au beginning at 759.1m announced Feb. 25, 2010).
- Two long intervals of anomalous gold were encountered deeper in CAR-012, starting at 737.6m and 1,181.7m.
- Diamond drill hole CAR-013, a vertical hole situated 350 meters northeast of CAR-007, encountered 60.4m at 1.28 g/t Au (198 feet at 0.037 oz/t) including 31.7m at 2.03 g/t Au (104 feet at 0.059 oz/t) beginning at 1270.1m. This interval corresponds well with that intersected in holes CAR-011 and -007 described above.
- An additional long interval of anomalous gold was encountered deeper in CAR-013 starting at 1,367.9m.
- Abundant realgar, orpiment and stibnite are associated with the gold interval in CAR-013, something observed in hole CAR-002 approximately 530m south (announced July 31, 2009).
"The company recognizes it is exploring an extensive, powerful gold system in one of the world's great gold camps. Our drilling has already intersected grades and thicknesses of mineralization that are characteristic of existing underground mines in the area. Early drilling results as a whole are consistent with the early stages of exploration at these mines. Defining the high-grade center of this large gold system is the main focus of Evolving Gold's exploration program on the Arch project." Comments Steven Koehler, Chief Geologist of Evolving Gold.
Five kilometers south of the Arch Gold Zone, situated on the Humboldt property, the Company is presently drilling hole EHB-004, a test of one of 24 targets defined by geophysical surveys. This target is located on the northwesterly projection of the Rain-Saddle gold trend where it crosses into Evolving Gold's ground. Hole EHB-004, presently at a depth of approximately 800 meters, is targeted to reach its final depth of 1,100 meters in early December.
All drill hole averages are weighted averages, weighting each assay interval according to the core length for that assay interval. Drill samples were collected with a diamond core drill. Sample intervals are 1.5 meters (5 feet), but in some instances sample intervals were based on geology and alteration. Half core was shipped to SGS Minerals Services in Elko, Nevada for preparation and to the SGS facility in Toronto, Ontario for analysis. Gold results were determined using standard fire assay techniques on 30-gram pulps with an ICP finish. QA/QC included the insertion of standards and blanks on a regular basis.
About Evolving Gold's Flagship Carlin-Humboldt Projects
Evolving Gold's Arch discovery is part of a large 145 sq. km (56 sq. mile) land package the company assembled directly on the Carlin Trend between the +30M oz Gold Quarry sub-district and the +4M oz Rain sub-district. In 2009 Evolving Gold completed its first drill test in the region. The hole tested a gravity embayment target and successfully intersected favorable lower plate carbonate host rocks and confirmed vertically-extensive Carlin-style alteration, and mineralization. Since that first hole, eight additional core holes have been completed. Select drill results from depths of 750 to 1260 m include: 18.3 m of 11.7 g/t Au, 10.1 m of 11.1 g/t Au, and 14.7 m of 8.8 g/t Au. Drilling also confirms the presence of sulfidized dikes and fluidized multi-lithic breccias. The Carlin and Humboldt Projects are crossed by an interstate highway and within eyesight of Gold Quarry processing facilities, including the largest gold ore roaster in the world.
The drilling process includes reverse circulation (RC) drilling above the favorable rocks, core drilling through the favorable rocks, and often multiple wedge holes from the mother hole. A mud motor has recently been purchased to increase the separation of wedge holes from mother holes.
The Company is currently drilling at its Jake Creek project 6 kilometers east of Newmont's Twin Creeks Mine. Assays have returned for the first three holes of the drill program. Hole JC-002 intersected 39.6m at 0.873 g/t Au beginning at 256.1m and hole JC-006 intersected 19.8m at 0.676 g/t Au beginning at 221.0m. These holes are part of a fence of angle holes being drilled across an area encompassing the discovery of covered mineralization made by the Company last year (28.9m at 1.33 g/t Au announced Nov. 18, 2010).
A total of 20 RC drill holes have been permitted. To date, three holes have been completed and two additional holes failed to reach their targeted depth. Due to technical limitations of the reverse circulation drill that was being employed at Jake Creek, the Company suspended its drill program in mid-October until a suitable replacement drill could be secured. The replacement rig has resumed drilling at Jake Creek.
SOURCE Evolving Gold Corporation